New Turbo!

BlackhawkRednek

Pure Bred Redneck
Just got back home with my new Engineered Diesel turbo. Now to get out there and put it on. Who cares if it is 8 at night? This thing will be on before I go to bed.

The pics are uploading on photobucket right now. As soon as they are done i will get them on here. And it is a 62/68/12 I think. Had a buddy of mine order it for me.

P1010104.jpg

P1010103.jpg

P1010102.jpg

P1010100.jpg

P1010098.jpg

Had some other difficulties. I am currently about to put it in. Had to replace the dipstick tube because it was broken at the top and just a piece of rubber hose on it to make it the right length. And of course with my luck, then end that seats into the block broke off. So all day I have been working on getting it out and then out of the oil pan.

Would I have to notch my shock tower to get this turbo to fit? I can't get this thing on. Getting really frustrated..............

You shouldnt have to, Ive ran three of ED's turbos so far and havent had to trim anything. Do you have the compressor housing and the turbine housing clocked right?

Last edited:
I don't know. I buddy at a performance shop ordered it for me and he told them what it was for and what mods i had. I got it out of the box and tried to put it on. I am going on 3 hours of trying to get it on there. I mean, I know this is my first time putting on an aftermarket turbo but I thought I was more mechanically inclined than this.

Yea I think it is off a little. Now I have to figure this one out. Should have researched aftermarket turbo install more. LOL

Loosen up the 11mm nut on the v-band clamp on the compressor cover and rotate till it clears everything.

Loosen up the 11mm nut on the v-band clamp on the compressor cover and rotate till it clears everything.

Its an s300.
Loosen up the 13mm bolts that hold the compressor cover to the cartridge and rotate. just make sure to tighten it back up with the housing square or it will make contact.

Thanks Howling. I was just about to tell you there was not v-band clamp.

Thanks Glenn. I am just gonna finish it up tomorrow. My wife wants me to spend SOME time with her. She just told me that she thinks that I love my truck more than her. I should have told her, Sometimes I do. LOL

Sometimes. Other times I would rather just stay in my man cave (the garage) and let my radio and tools keep me company.

Well got everything done. Man I love this new turbo. Big thanks to the guys at ED for a great turbo.