new wheels

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
i know it's kind of late to ask now but what the hell haha.
i ordered some 18's for my truck. 4.5backspace and -12 offset.
i have a leveling kit and will run 325x60x18 mickey thompson atz.

will i have a fitmet problem with the backspacing/offset? i'm not worried about fitting the tires, just want to make sure i ordered the correct size wheel haha

Hate to tell you but you will have to hellacious rubbage going on... You need something closer to 5-1/2 back spacing... I have 5-1/4 on mine and they just barely rub when turning and if I hit a pot hole or uneven ground...

I ran 6.3 bs on a 9.5 wide rim. That's as out there as I'd be willing to go.

See if you can return them. They'll stick way out there.

well the wheel i ordered was a moto metal 956 18x9.

discount tire told me they would fit no problem with no rubbing.
i want the tires to stick out far because i have the bushwacker pocket style flares & they are huge.
i will call tomorrow and tell them to cancel but all that wheel is available in is 4.5/-12mm or 0mm

All of the Moto Metal Wheels will stick out on a Dodge.

Just the way it is man. THey don't offer anything close to the right offset.

My buddy's has an 06 with Moto Metal and BW pocket clares. They stick out a good bit past the flares.

i want them to stick out.
my question is, will it rub with a 4.5backspace and -12 offset with 325x60?

with that tall of tire they will rub, I ran into the same issue. bought the tires and wheels on ebay and took them to discount tire to have them mounted and put on the truck. couldn't even back the truck out they rubbed so bad and that is with a 3" leveling kit. So I had to sell them back on ebay. Wound up buying 18 x 9.5 with 6.5" backspacing with a 35x12.5x18 tire. they fit perfect, no rubbing at all and stick out about 2 inches.

i don't get it.
i ran 951's 17's with 4.5backspace & -12 offset on my 04.5 with 285's and did some hellacious mudding and NEVER rubbed.

hmmm...

Having your wheels stick out further than stock is a sure fire way to greatly reduce the life of your front suspension components. Leverage working against you.

where will they rub?
i re-ordered wheels.
4.5 backspace
0mm offset

he said they will only rub on front bumper & inner fender liner.
well count the front bumper out because i have replacement & as for the fender line, i can cut it...
am i wrong?

they fit.
no rubbing.
even went and did some hellacious turns on curbs just to see.
no rubs.

4.5 backspace, 0mm offset.

0224081045a.jpg

0224081045.jpg

0224081044.jpg

Dude those are KMC rock stars not moto metal??? IF you got the moto metal pricing you made a steal....LOL:clap:

moto metals were not available in 0mm offset in one days notice.
so i settled for the rock stars again.
& yeah i got them cheaper then moto metals.

Back