Newb!!

bluedragon436

Rookie Biotch!!
Hello all, my name is James and I am not at all new to vehicles, mechanics, and perfromance, but I am new to diesels. I do not currently own a diesel but have been researching and am looking forward to purchasing a 2001ish quad cab, short bed, Ram 2500, 4x4 once I get back stateside. I am currently stationed @ Ramstein AB, Germany and will be headed back somewhere around May 2009, and am looking forward to it. I hope to learn and give quite a bit from this site, as I have already learned quite a bit in my short time of being a member here.

welcome, just to let you know, pre 1998.5 truck had the 12 valve. These are cheaper to mod. No electronics means less to mess up. I love mine, and know a ton of people that love their 12 valves also. When you start modding a 24 valve you need boxes, tuners, lift pump upgrades, fuel system upgrades etc.

I know that I can do 500hp without expensive fuel system upgrades with my 12 valve....

Yeah I prefer the 12 Valve honestly!! I was just looking for something that would be a bit newer, less mileage, and hopefully a bit more reliable!! I don't so much care about the drive train or the exterior as I plan to do some work on those items anyways... I will most likely looking into an early 1998 12 Valve... but I guess I will have to see what is available and what I can afford at the time that I find a deal!! Thanks for the welcome guys, and thanks for the heads up rollincoalCTD!!

welcome to the zoo! and remember, the only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked!

if you do everything right your pistons won't look like big swole's do! HA!