Newbie from Portland, or.

sourmashpdx

Hey all, I've been visiting the forum for a long time looking for knowledge, but until now have never registered. I'm a farmer and love old school diesel motors. My dd is an 85 F-250 with a stock 86 6.9l idi I swapped in after throwing a rod a couple years back, 33x12.50 BFG ATs, and dual 3 inch exhaust. I have lots of future plans for this truck but for now it starts and runs so good I'm not messing with it.

My current project is a ~500hp 1st gen cummins build to swap into a '66 f100 that died on me a year ago. I'm doing a complete frame off rebuild but still mostly in the breakdown stage with everything. I've got big plans for this truck too including an hx35/ht3b compound setup, p-pump swap, chassis and suspension, and some body repairs. I've collected about a third of the parts i need and am on the lookout for the rest while I get everything stripped down and ready to build.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi and thanks to everyone for offering up your knowledge. I am not a professional mechanic so having access to so much information is a huge benefit to me. I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Austin