Newbie Needs a Little Help

kenny110482

First off let me say hello. Ive been around a few other diesel forums and thought i would try my luck getting some info here. I think ive narrowed my problem to injectors but wanted to get some other opinions. Here is a little clip of my problem. It starts fine but when its cold it wants to die right after it starts then runs fine. Today it looks like i have developed a miss at idle. I bought the truck this past summer with 19000 on it. Looked clean but on closer inspection the fuel filter canister was gunked up and i was only getting 6 psi at idle. Heres the list of new: FCA, Cascade valve, Airdog 150. I think im gonna just pull the injectors tonight.
http://s469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/kenny110482/?action=view&current=P1030813.flv

I would pull them and send them to be checked. Better safe than sorry and it is a lot cheaper than a melted piston. Good luck.

Joe

Yeah so i hear. Im pulling them as we speak. I was thinking of going with 85hp Remans from industrial injection. Any opinions on these?

I would go with new stixs also. Dont want to risk anything especially with what you described. I have heard good things about industrial, DDP and Wicked diesels. I think if you stick with a name brand company you should be fine. There are also some vendors on this site that might be able to lead you in the right direction.