Newbie with diesel swap build

conny3737

I heard good things about this forum so I thought I'd join. New to diesels, but I'm starting to learn and love! Bought a '91 CTD so that I can throw the motor in my project rig. In the pic it's sitting on 4d's, but will be rollin' on 46's when done. Let me know what you think.

-Josh

hummer031-1.jpg

hummer059.jpg

Welcome to CompD! Thats a pretty wild rig your building, looks like you need a bigger shop!!:)

-Tom

Welcome, Are you in College Station Texas? I sure do recognize that rig. I stopped in a firetruck a while back and visited with you. I believe you were initially going with a big block. Correct? Jeremy

Yeah, that sure was me. Funny thing was that I was just thinking about you saying that you also worked out at a diesel shop on 21, and that I needed to get together with you sometime to talk. After doing some more research after talking with you and others, I abandoned the whole rat motor idea b/c of the horrendous mileage I would get when puttin' down the power I wanted. The 12V was then a natural choice. Let me know when and exactly where you're working or give me a call if ya want to grab lunch, I definitely need to be schooled.

-Josh
979-492-7850

My shop is in Madisonville just down HWY 21 from you. I will be around some this weekend and in College Station Monday. Give me a shout. 936-348-8968

Back