tedandkaren

Hi:

Thanks for letting me join your group. I have been looking at the posts for installing a fuel pin and governor spring in a Gen.1 5.9 Cummins. It is in a 16,000 lb. motorhome so it is no hotrod. I got the fuel pin and spring from Piers Diesel Research. I got theirs since they regrind stock (hardened) fuel pins and I didn't want to get a soft Bully Dog pin.

I have already installed a Propane Injection system on it. I installed it using 20 ft. of black pipe (with at least 10 tees and elbows) like the manufacturer did for the regulated low pressure propane appliances. I didn't think about how high the propane tank pressure is (150 psi+) and every big bump would loosen a pipe joint and I'd get a propane leak. I finally gave up on the black pipe and ripped it all out and replaced it with copper tubing using only four (4) flared fittings. I haven't had a chance to try the propane injection out since I made the mods. I hope the fuel pin, governor spring and propane injection will give me enough power to climb hills towing my Honda Fit without downshifting to 2nd gear. More later.

Back