Newer mid-size to compact tractor opinions

cummin try me

Voodoo Child
My grandfather is finally getting tired of manually reloading the bucket and the hydraulics that work when they want to on his old Ford so he is starting to look at new tractors for our small farm. All of our equipment is from the 50's and 60's so we haven't had much experience with newer stuff. He wants something with a cab and a front bucket and would like to have the detachable rear backhoe. He's checked out Kubotas and I think he went to check out New Hollands last week. My question is if you guys have any brand/model he should be looking at in particular or if there's anything he should stay away from. He's just trying to find what's going to work best for him at the lowest cost.

I just bought a new KIOTI DS 35 their made in South Korea have a US headquarters in NC.
I looked at all of those you listed and a few more. The KIOTI was absolutely the most bang for the buck. http://www.kioti.com/

i've got a small new holland 4wd, no front bucket or back hoe, but i've ran it hard no complaints so far

I've had decent luck with the smaller new hollands (35 hp). Ran the hell out of them with seeders and other random attatchments on the windmills around here. Did smaller landscaping projects with the loaders and had only minor issues. My buddy ran 3 newer Kubotas on a cow/calf operation and they spent most of their time in the shop, but I can't speak for them personally. Also ran Deere 54-5500/10 series for years feeding cattle and they're tough as nails if you can find one in decent condition still. Obviously quality comes with a price tag, but I think for as much as it sounds like it's going to be used I'd go with the cheapest option that will do the job.

got a deere 110 at work and it is the biggest POS i have ever operated, no power, hydros arent equal and have already failed, the hoe is nice but thats it. father in law has a similar sized new holland with a small woods hoe and it performs flawless day in and out.

I think New Holland is running a deal on their compact tractor, buy the tractor and they'll give you a loader

Thanks for all the input guys. He ended up getting a new LS U5020C with a front end loader and a backhoe attachment for less than everybody else wanted for just the tractor. LS is apparently who was manufacturing NH's tractors so it goes along with what y'all said. He's had it for about a month now and it is a pretty nice machine.

Back