next move?

Lincoln_Diesel

That one guy
So I just got done putting a firepunk comp stage 1 transmission and s467:charger: in my truck... Running 150 injectors and a drag comp box. What has a bigger chance of going, Head studs or injection pump? What kind of horsepower will they hold out to? What should I be saving up for next? I am really wanting to put a cam in but i figure I should save up for repairs instead of going for more power...

Is it a stock vp? And I would go ahead and change ur studs and put a new head gasket in just so it's done

O-ring the head and either torque your stock bolts or get studs.

Get bigger injectors for the 467.

Then just drive it and see if you're really gonna like that 467 on a VP truck.

I thought I would update everyone. I did head work and put a 188/220 cam in it then did a smarty edge stack. Its a pretty nasty street truck. But I have since got hooked to dragging a sled so its now going to get ppumped with some bigger injectors.
With the stock vp it runs good and spools up fast. But trying to boost launch it sucks. Only have a 2100stall in the converter. But I am pretty happy with the set up. But I cant wait to get the ppump on it very soon...

I can verify this truck runs strong right now as a VP truck. Injectors and the current stall speed are holding him back.......and naturally it still being a VP.

The pump swap with a fair amount of timing will wake it up.

With your comp box you might as well keep your stock vp. Use the money for studs and also it would be a good idea to do springs/pushrods while you're in there.

Let me give you a good updated parts list and a future plans list.

Current:
Box 467
6x.013 injectors
SO VP
Edge/smarty
Firepunk auto-2100 stall
PDI T4 Mani
Head studs
O-ringed head
188/220 Hamilton can

Future plans:
Pump swap(big CDS pump)
Higher stall converter
Different injectors, 5x.018s?
Maybe some other stuff.

wtf. those are not "150hp" injectors that were stated above lol. and the smarty/edge is hurting top end power where the s467.7 shines.

wtf. those are not "150hp" injectors that were stated above lol. and the smarty/edge is hurting top end power where the s467.7 shines.

Just curious about the edge smarty stack hurting it up top. Is it because of rpm or the lack there of? I have a very similar set up 6x013s,sovp only differences are im on the stock cam and I'm running a box s366.

On a dyno the graph fell of quicker for me with the smarty/drag comp stack. Best et with this setup was 13.99. Removed smarty and could run 13.4.

The injectors were ordered as 150hp injectors. For some reason I had 6x13 in my head. I'm sure the smarty is holding the top end back but the fuel was needed down low to get it off the line.

Shortbusdriver. Or Lee from contagious diesel has a set of 6x13 for sale right now.. Only 500 bucks

I wish I would of never messed around tryin to get a vp setup to run good. It was either good low end power from the smarty and lose on top end or turn the smarty off and have no low end and good top end from the drag comp. The smarty also made the truck buck n shake, never really liked it. Ppump and cam swap made all the difference and I shoulda done it a lot sooner... Vp+Bigger charger(s) just isn't that great IMO...

On a dyno the graph fell of quicker for me with the smarty/drag comp stack. Best et with this setup was 13.99. Removed smarty and could run 13.4.

Is the loss of top end hp/torque with the smarty on linked to rpm fueling curve or the way the fueling tables of the smarty are setup?

I know the drag comp fuels past the "normal" 2800 rpm pull back limit (IIRC) to prevent over spinning past redline, does the smarty table stop at that point? That might highlight where the conflict of fueling tables hurts the top end.

:pop:

Just curious about the edge smarty stack hurting it up top. Is it because of rpm or the lack there of? I have a very similar set up 6x013s,sovp only differences are im on the stock cam and I'm running a box s366.

smarty limits top end fueling for some reason. i am not into the fuel mapping of the smarty enought to know why. just my experience with it. i had a similar set up, other than i had a tst comp/ts mvp and the fmw s467.7, along with the stock cam. i did try a edge juice w/attitude hot.....wasn't a fan.

the edge also limits the rpm range with only fueling to 3200rpm. my truck would shift at 3600rpm with the tst/ts. edge.....3200 and sit there.