NHRDA 2014 rules

Looks good, but a couple of issues:
"Dual Parachute mandatory " for 7.49 and quicker. For NHRA this isn't required until 200 mph (and at 7.49 most are still at least 10 mph shy of 200).

Under Pro Stock:
"Auto Trans and lower engine containment device (Recommended and mandatory for 2015)"
I'm all for engine diapers, but I don't know of any commonly available lower containment devices for automatic transmissions. I would rather see overflow puke tanks required (as NHRA does require for 7.49 & quicker).

Looks good, but a couple of issues:
"Dual Parachute mandatory " for 7.49 and quicker. For NHRA this isn't required until 200 mph (and at 7.49 most are still at least 10 mph shy of 200).

Under Pro Stock:
"Auto Trans and lower engine containment device (Recommended and mandatory for 2015)"
I'm all for engine diapers, but I don't know of any commonly available lower containment devices for automatic transmissions. I would rather see overflow puke tanks required (as NHRA does require for 7.49 & quicker).

This is true. i noticed as well, but will wait untill randy is done with surgery to ask him about it.

There are no lower trans pans needed untill 6.0 and faster IIRC. Engine belly pan or diaper Yes at 9.99 IIRC in NHRA

IHRA rules are way more ET and racer class specific. The rules we should adopt IMO

IHRA rules are way more ET and racer class specific. The rules we should adopt IMO
LOL Same old-same old. Now your posting threads as the new NHRDA posterboy? Did Randy approve of this?????:doh:

Make sure you pay attention during the drivers meetings- not like when you used to run NHRDA with your unsportsman like ways to your fellow peers. :rules:

*To all the racers running the same class as Wade,$.02 he will roll past the pre stage beams directly into the stage beams when he knows he will be beat and his reasoning will be because he has to put food on his table. Staging courtesy to his peers will be thrown out the window so he can buy a big mac with contingencies. :bang

Ask me how I know.

You know Duallie you are getting very fu*king annoying. Until such time as you actually come to a race and actually race I suggest you take the time you waste on here and work on your truck.

You know Duallie you are getting very fu*king annoying. Until such time as you actually come to a race and actually race I suggest you take the time you waste on here and work on your truck.
You ok Ken? Wade is basically saying that the NHRA rules which always worked fine and was easy to adopt, for the past 10 years doesnt work- that they should adopt IHRA rules??? :poke:

so now your gonna change the rule structure, run at IHRA tracks, just cause he thinks it should be better??? LMAO. Give Randy some credit- IT HAS WORKED for 10 years!!!!!

So say my truck is running- can I submit the rule structure of my choice too? :stab:

I'll bet you a nickle Randy cringes every time Wade calls and Randy see's it's Wades number- wanna take that bet?

*on edit- I am pretty sure there's a good reason behind the rule additions that were brought up that the NHRDA wants to conform to.

Last edited:
Rules

I'm not going to put a second chute on my car as I'm not trying to run 200. I don't use the one I have. My junk just isn't fast enough and I'm to lazy to pack it. I don't even use it at the Schied race. I guess there was a reason for me running suspension front and back. If they stray from NHRA rules it will be a sad day. I thought we had enough of that with Greg?

All I'm saying is it seem like everything Wade makes a comment on you have to jump on. Again it is only comments but you seem to take everything he says very personal. I don't know your two guy's history, but all I'm interested in are the new class rules and what may need to be changed prior to the new season. I think constructive criticism is good. Bashing for the sake of bashing doesn't add much to these treads IMO.

I totally agree that many of the posts Wade makes are totally off the wall but so far in this thread it doesn't seem to be the case. He stated he thought the IHRA rules were more ET and racer class specific and the way to go, and Jeff said stated if they stray away from NHRA rules it would be a sad day. A discussion on that sounds like a good thing since some of us, (me included) have no experience with IHRA rules.

Ya know what Ken- STFU.

Subman631 said:
All I'm saying is it seem like everything Wade makes a comment on you have to jump on. Again it is only comments but you seem to take everything he says very personal. I don't know your two guy's history, but all I'm interested in are the new class rules and what may need to be changed prior to the new season. I think constructive criticism is good. Bashing for the sake of bashing doesn't add much to these treads IMO.

I totally agree that many of the posts Wade makes are totally off the wall but so far in this thread it doesn't seem to be the case. He stated he thought the IHRA rules were more ET and racer class specific and the way to go, and Jeff said stated if they stray away from NHRA rules it would be a sad day. A discussion on that sounds like a good thing since some of us, (me included) have no experience with IHRA rules.

It doesnt seem to be the case here does it?? He stated he is gonna discuss adopting to IHRA rules with Randy !!!!!! Open your eyes?! Have I said anything that was NEGATIVE towards the NHRDA??? No I stated that the model that has been followed for the past 10 years has worked just fine thus far !!!!!! Jeff dean agreed !!!!!!! if anyone said anything negative it was infact= WADE !

As far as i know neither associations follow IHRA so who am I supposed to conform to?????

and you jump on me for WHAT was the reason again???

Last edited:

oooohhhhhh I think that requires an :eek:wned:

IHRA = JR League

Nothing against IHRA but we don't race on many IHRA tracks. Were or why would IHRA come into play. Again like a seat belt if I don't wear mine who am I going to hurt? We NEED more people to race not run what we have off. Maybe I just look at things wrong.

oooohhhhhh I think that requires an :eek:wned:

Really? :umno: Do you think Randy appreciates a discussion while he is recovering from surgery on changing the very structure that has been followed ? !

Again whose rulebook are we to follow?? NHRA's which has been fine or IHRA's which would be unchartered waters.

Apparently Jeff Dean see's exactly what I am saying just fine!

Last edited:
Ken I am shocked that you would consider this a constructive discussion- Let's flip the structure that has been followed. As Jeff said and I know this protocol as well- NHRDA doesn't even run on IHRA tracks- so now Randy is supposed to look at new tracks to run on also?

Again- whose rules are we to conform to? Answer the question!

Last edited:
I still think you are reading way too much into what he said. You know Randy as well as I do and you know he is not going to do anything major, look how long it took to get the 11.90 class and how much movement there has been getting a quicker mid 10 sec index race. The whole idea is to try and make our sport survive, not regulate it out of existence.
In post #3 he is agreeing with what Michael said and stated he'd ask Randy about them once he is back and well from surgery, and then made a personal comment on IHRA rules.

Your post #4 was totally inflammatory and added absolutely nothing to this discussion. And by the way if the other guy lights his pre stage first and then you roll in lighting both lights it's perfectly legal and if it bothers you then you haven't raced much. If he double bulbs you and it bothers you don't pre stage for a while.

Ken I am shocked that you would consider this a constructive discussion- Let's flip the structure that has been followed. As Jeff said and I know this protocol as well- NHRDA doesn't even run on IHRA tracks- so now Randy is supposed to look at new tracks to run on also?

Again- whose rules are we to conform to? Answer the question!

Edmonton is an IHRA track.

If you guys would bother or inconvenience yourselves to check out/read the 2014 racing rules on the NHRDA website you all would realize that the NHRDA rules follow BOTH the NHRA and IHRA rules. You guys are wasting sooooooooo much energy bickering over something that has already been covered. What else can I say??????????????