NHRDA at Portland 03/21

Michael

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Anyone coming into town for the NHRDA race and Source Automotive BBQ?

http://www.nhrda.com/Flrz/0321.htm

BTW, I have room at my house if anyone wants to stay. Lots of parking in my backyard, but the roads are a bit steep on the way to the house (but nothing our big tough trucks can't handle).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

0321-XL.gif

Patty and I plan to be at both the race and the BBQ.

Paul

I am working like crazy to have the truck ready!!!!!!

Yep we will be there

Hope the weather outlook is better in Portland than here in Seattle

sounds like a good turnout of trucks I have talked to the following people that are coming

Jim Calhoun Div 1 Champion pro 1
Marc Curtis Div 1 Champion super street
Lenny from Dynomite Diesel is bringing a couple of trucks

Possilbe Mike Drever from Edmonton that would be cool to see him line up against the Source Automotive truck

Anyway it will be a great time , good food at Sources open house and then diesel drag racing :rockwoot:

To all you Edmonton area guys - I made the 1000 mi (1600 km) trip up there when fuel was almost $5/gal, you can make it down here! Okay, Edmonton was a full-fledged National event and this is a points race, but we'll still have great competition here!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Leaving for Portland in the morning. Knock on wood we have never been rained out at Portland yet. Looking forward to the new trucks that will be debuting at this event

I just got a call that Rob with Maxed Out just ran 10.60 @ 129.60. If he can back it up, we will have a new super street record when the smoke clears ....

Congrats.

Big Congrats go out to Jim Calhoun! Jim scored himself a Perfect Reaction in Eliminations and walked away $500!

Way to go Jim! :clap: :tree:

I will be there at the race for sure. Hopefully the forecast gets better.

Good meeting you tonight Mike, those were some impressive runs! Low 12's........nice!

Roy

That DMAX was running pretty damn good as well!

I was really looking forward to seeing what hoss' truck would run, but it seems he had some mechanical problems?

We made it thru the night. We got some sprinkles at the very end, but we squeezed the last round of ET Diesels in to give us Michael Pliska in 3rd, Jim Calhoun in 2nd, and I took first.

My truck ran *TERRIBLE* all night, but it was a CONSISTANT terrible. It wasnt until I got on the freeway to go home that I finally figured out what was wrong with my truck...

Your gonna laugh....

I turned my boost regulator down too far at the track because it kept setting a check engine light for overboost on the way there. It only needed like 1/8th of a turn, but I was in a hurry in the staging lanes and gave it like a full twist "just to be sure". I have some many sensor foolers and stuff, that it wasnt until I turned everything off that I realized I had almost no boost, and therefore no fuel.

The upside of it is, the truck ran the same number all night.

Good first race! Glad to see everyone again, even saw some faces I havent seen at an NHRDA event in a long time. Its good to get out racing.

And again, way to go to Jim for eliminating the perfect light prize at the first race of the season! I've gotten a .001 reaction and let me tell you, it scares the heck outta ya! And mine wasnt even during competition, just quals where it doesnt count.

Thanks also to Rip for putting on the Pre-race party. The food was excellent, and any guy that digs up his flowerbed in front of the shop in order to have a campfire and open spit roast, well, I dont care if he does own a dodge. He's ok in my book.

PICS!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nwforddiesels.com/events/nhrda32109/index.htm#1

Who's black pre-superduty standard cab was that? He seemed to be running pretty good!

Thats Chris. He is on NWFD alot. He started out as a sled puller, and usually places in the top 3 for his class. He's got a little work done to the truck, but nothing unusual. Just a good running truck. You should see his gauge setup tho. Must be like 20 some odd gauges in that truck. All tucked very nicely into a custom cluster with really nice wood covers to hide everything when not in use.

I think he said he was running 14.4 or something this evening. No lift kit, something like a 33" tire I think he said. Changed his reaction time by going to a smaller tire, so he had to relearn his launches again.

I just got a call that Rob with Maxed Out just ran 10.60 @ 129.60. If he can back it up, we will have a new super street record when the smoke clears ....

Congrats.

Just think, when I first saw that truck it was last saturday, 3/14/09. Engine was over here, trans was over there and truck was across the way. With the help of 7 Idaho Diesel Power club members the truck came together. Heck I was wiring up the gauges Friday night. That was the shakedown, wait until Rob REALLY gets her tuned.

Way to go Rob, Ken, and Nathan.

Just think, when I first saw that truck it was last saturday, 3/14/09. Engine was over here, trans was over there and truck was across the way. With the help of 7 Idaho Diesel Power club members the truck came together. Heck I was wiring up the gauges Friday night. That was the shakedown, wait until Rob REALLY gets her tuned.

Way to go Rob, Ken, and Nathan.

x2 Way to go Max'd Out Racing. :bow:

And I hear that truck looks as good as it runs...:D

Congrats again on the ET & MPH records...

Rob

Congrats to Daryl on the ET win, and Rob Coddens (and the whole Max'd Out team) for the record on the truck's first day out. Considering the traction wasn't all that great (between the moisture, temperature, and lack of passes on the track), I can foresee some awesome times coming out of that truck.

It was a fun time hanging out with everyone. I've been sick for a few days. It's funny, I managed to fool myself into thinking I was feeling better (hard to feel crappy when you're racing!). I'm feeling it today though! My girlfriend was nice enough to hang out in my camper all evening with my daughter (it was too cold to hang out outside).

When we went to leave (after all the diesel people had left), my truck's batteries were completely flat. It appears that one of them had a cell short out internally, and it was dragging the other one down as well. Both batteries were hot as heck. Fortunately one of the PIR employees (Andy Tabor, who hangs out on some diesel forums) was still there and gave me a jump start with his Duramax.

See everyone in Bremerton in a few weeks!

Regards,
Michael Pliska