NHRDA National Record Holders

NHRDA

Wanted to keep everyone up to date on what the current NHRDA National Record in both Pro Street and Super Street.

NHRDA Pro Street
Date Location Competitor ET MPh
03-08-08 Portland Raceway Lenny Reed 11.52 115.00
04-19-08 Moroso Raceway Philip Palmer 9.39 144.43

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

NHRDA Super Street
Date Location Competitor ET MPH
02-16-08 Pacific Raceway Steve Farley 11.91 113.31
05-05-08 Bremerton Raceway Randy Hartman none 113.89
06-28-08 Thompson Raceway Karl M Mireiter 11.52 117.67

07-19-08 Medicine Hat Shawn Ellerton none 120.39
07-20-08 Island Dragway Jesse Bradley 11.15 120.46

Congratulations to all our competitors we are seeing new trucks at every event and you guys keep raising the bar on what it takes to be the best in the nation.

i'm gonna have to fix this again, lol
You better throw the wood to it then- Trainrobber ran a 10.90 and his boot was blowin off all damned day long. He has since made some adjustments on his sweet lil rig and I suspect that rig has some 10.70 runs in her.......

CONGRATS!!!:Cheer:

To everyone in the Western part of the continent (i.e., Shawn, Lenny, etc) you won't get a much better shot at a record than at Woodburn on Aug 2! Track is sea level, and traction is usually very good (and if some fast trucks show up I'll bet they prep it REALLY well).

I tried talking Brad (DirtyMax) into coming down, but it looks like it won't fit in his schedule. I just know that truck has about an 8.70 in it at a track like Woodburn.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Some excellent achievements. Really looking for trainrobber to hit some nice 10's. Looking forward to hearing the results of August 2 too. Don't know much about DirtyMax's truck, but... 8's... NIIIICE...

DirtyMax is a tube chassis full-size Chevy pickup with a decent Duramax in it (twins, dual CP3, etc). It's never had a full pass on it, but has gone as quick as 9.39 in licensing passes. I got to drive it at the Billings NHRDA event, but it had a bad oil seal which would leak at high rpm &/or boost. I babied it through eliminations (just running hard enough to win each round). In the final it had an apparent throttle fault, then finally spooled up after coasting to the 330 mark. I ran 134.81 mph trying to catch Rob Coddens for the win. My gasser race car ran low 9's with its old motor, and this thing was pulling much harder than that.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

You better throw the wood to it then- Trainrobber ran a 10.90 and his boot was blowin off all damned day long. He has since made some adjustments on his sweet lil rig and I suspect that rig has some 10.70 runs in her.......

CONGRATS!!!:Cheer:

And if I remember right he said he didn't even use any nitrous on the 10.90 pass:rockwoot:

NHRA requires a "Competition License" for any driver running quicker than 9.99. The driver must make 6 licensing passes (1 half track, 3 moderate, 2 full) while witnessed by licensed drivers. It was on a prior licensing pass when Dirtymax ran that ET. I already have my license (have had it over 20 years), but I didn't get to run it flat out due to the problems mentioned above.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

NHRA requires a "Competition License" for any driver running quicker than 9.99. The driver must make 6 licensing passes (1 half track, 3 moderate, 2 full) while witnessed by licensed drivers. It was on a prior licensing pass when Dirtymax ran that ET. I already have my license (have had it over 20 years), but I didn't get to run it flat out due to the problems mentioned above.

Regards,
Michael Pliska
Wonder how many get through without their license....

Karl Mireiter Just ran a 11.22 @122mph the other night at our Local Strip on a single 66 Charger and fuel only in a quad cab vp truck

Malcolm,
You're coming to Woodburn? I'm sure you will be in the 9's there... You were sooo close at Medicine Hat. :)

See you all there! I'm scheduled to pick my car back up tomorrow Woohoo!!

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Malcolm,
If you can make it a day early (i.e., for Friday night runs), you could make your license passes at PIR's Friday night drags. You need an FAA-type physical, and 2 licensed drivers to witness the passes. See:
http://www.nhra.com/contacts/forms/licenseapp.pdf
http://www.nhra.com/contacts/forms/physical01.pdf

If you're interested in doing this, drop me an email and I can make plans to be one of the licensed drivers, and I should be able to line up someone else.

As far as the question of how many get away without the licenses, I'm sure it depends on how sharp the track officials are. Since Woodburn is managed by a former VP from NHRA Headquarters, I don't think too much is going to get by him.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Hey thanks Michael, I will see If I can arrange a physical and take the time off work to go.

Hopefully I will make the nines.

Malcolm

Karl Mireiter Just ran a 11.22 @122mph the other night at our Local Strip on a single 66 Charger and fuel only in a quad cab vp truck
Karl's truck runs pretty hard for a VP truck, I think 10's will be seen out of that truck in the near future. Congrats Karl !:clap:

Back