NHRDA National Record Holders

hell our big shot is only a .75 to .85.
like timmy always said "pill it untill you kill it".
we may try a little bit bigger shot next weekend if the track will hold it.

Looks like you have it going on....We use 3 .250 super proshots and .75 proshot to make this pig go down the track. I need to put this girl on a diet!

We use Tial wastegates and they seem to keep the turbos alive. Besides a .34 jet will only net you about 2 mph.

Geez, that isn't much at all then. Oh well, we won't know because I'm going to twins for next season and I don't think I will need nitrous. We'll just have to see.

It should be fun in Bowling Green, hope the rain holds off. We got so bummed out in Boise with the cold slick track then the rain we didn't pay close enough attention to the MPH we were running when we couldn't get it into the 9's. We ran a 139.49 and backed it up with a 138.56, got rained out and just forgot it. Turns out that would have been a new record in Superstreet for MPH. If what I'm hearing on this thread it would have been short lived after this weekend. Good luck to you guys, I'll be in the stands cheering you on.

October 24th 2009
Beechbend Raceway Park
NHRDA East Coast Finals

Bo Layne NHRDA# 4917
Set the Top Diesel MPH Record at 187.52 MPH
and had a back up time of 197.39 MPH

Congragulations to Bo Layne and Dan Scheid on setting the NHRDA National Record in our Top Diesel Category.:cheer:

That's pretty good, there would have been new record in Prostreet et too but neither Big Dodge nor the Smith truck was able to back up their times. Fun race track too cold and slick for real quick times by the dragster.

October 24th 2009
Beechbend Raceway Park
NHRDA East Coast Finals

Bo Layne NHRDA# 4917
Set the Top Diesel MPH Record at 187.52 MPH
and had a back up time of 197.39 MPH

Congragulations to Bo Layne and Dan Scheid on setting the NHRDA National Record in our Top Diesel Category.:cheer:

TD-1024-MPH.jpg

I do have to say there would have been a better chance for the Smith truck to get a backed up run had the track personel let them run in their lane of choice before the track cooled off. I aint trying to start nothing but when a opportunity comes along for a record to be backed up track personel should be willing to at least let the racer in question whoever that may be at the time have their lane of choice in a timely fashion. Any thing other than that is nothing but a hinderance to the sport and competitors in general. I hope that in the future this type of issue will no longer take place allowing the sport to be more competitve and fair to those that are putting in the large amount of time and money in their trucks or dragsters as the case may be.

Last edited:
Wow, I hadn't heard that. I was chatting with Dale in between those runs and don't recall him saying anything, but I'm not surprised that he didn't complain about it (Dale doesn't seem to be the complaining type).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I do have to say there would have been a better chance for the Smith truck to get a backed up run had the track personel let them run in their lane of choice before the track cooled off. I aint trying to start nothing but when a opportunity comes along for a record to be backed up track personel should be willing to at least let the racer in question whoever that may be at the time have their lane of choice in a timely fashion. Any thing other than that is nothing but a hinderance to the sport and competitors in general. I hope that in the future this type of issue will no longer take place allowing the sport to be more competitve and fair to those that are putting in the large amount of time and money in their trucks or dragsters as the case may be.

I hadn't heard that either, but the track was cooling quickly, IIRC they did get another run after the competition was over to try again. In any event that is a very fast truck and Dale and his driver (Seth?) are top notch folks.

Congratulations to Wes Anderson & Shawn Ellerton on setting new NHRDA records!

Banks-National-Record.jpg

Ellerton-National-record.jpg

Back