nhrda supetstreet record broken!

Congrats! If anyone had told me at the start of the season that the record would be held by a VP44 truck, I would have thought they were as crazy as someone thinking it could be held by a 6.0L ;)

Regards,
Michael Pliska

LOL

Rob's seriously thinking of putting Max'd Out back to superstreet configeration next year and running it primarily and running prostreet on dot tires as well. What do you guys think?

Rob's seriously thinking of putting Max'd Out back to superstreet configeration next year and running it primarily and running prostreet on dot tires as well. What do you guys think?

I think he should me moving some batteries and fuel lines as soon as possible!

Thought about doing that and racing it the finals in Topeka since he qualifies from co-winning the west regionals along with Arron. He might still if the Smith truck doesn't come to Topeka. If the Smith truck comes then he'll concentrate on trying to give those guys a good race. The Smith truck is the quickest prostreet truck in the country and Rob would love to race them. Max'd Out doesn't have much of a chance if they get a good light and run what they are capable of, and absolutely no chance with more weight and drag radials in Superstreet trim.

I think I better turn my heap up then if I want to have a chance of winning LOL

And carefully look over any "new" tunes Rob sends me right before race day. Just kiddin' about that one!

Thought about doing that and racing it the finals in Topeka since he qualifies from co-winning the west regionals along with Arron. He might still if the Smith truck doesn't come to Topeka. If the Smith truck comes then he'll concentrate on trying to give those guys a good race. The Smith truck is the quickest prostreet truck in the country and Rob would love to race them. Max'd Out doesn't have much of a chance if they get a good light and run what they are capable of, and absolutely no chance with more weight and drag radials in Superstreet trim.

can't hack it in prostreet:shake:, so you'll drop a class so your gauranteed the win:nail:
well with you guys at worlds in superstreet, hopefully it don't deture people from coming knowing they don't have a shot at winning. But we'll be there,

if 30 trucks show up for superstreet, it's goin to come down to who can live that many rounds, look forward to the competition

can't hack it in prostreet:shake:, so you'll drop a class so your gauranteed the win:nail:
well with you guys at worlds in superstreet, hopefully it don't deture people from coming knowing they don't have a shot at winning. But we'll be there,

if 30 trucks show up for superstreet, it's goin to come down to who can live that many rounds, look forward to the competition

Shaun, this truck was built for super street, we went up a class to have fun and find the competition. This is still a 6000lb truck that really has no business in pro street. Giving up 1000+ lbs is not easy to compete with. The cost of making the needed HP to go that fast, at that weight, is too high.

Super street is a very fun, competitve class with good turn out. I guess NHRDA can make a handicap rule when running against a ford, like having to run in 2 wheel drive, or hooking up to a trailer or something...:shake:

Seriously, I'd like to get back to having fun and competing against more trucks in a class. I have no problem turning the power down as it is easier on equipment.

thats the problem with prostreet, not enough trucks, superstreet is a fun class and usually has a much better turn out. at least you can go a few rounds.

see i think your crew cab thats for sale in your sig fits in superstreet more than max'd out, but hey i'll run againist anyone. we're just out to have fun

thats the problem with prostreet, not enough trucks, superstreet is a fun class and usually has a much better turn out. at least you can go a few rounds.

see i think your crew cab thats for sale in your sig fits in superstreet more than max'd out, but hey i'll run againist anyone. we're just out to have fun

Of course your do...it only runs 11.70s compared to mid 10s LOL

All in good fun :Cheer:

Paul

S/S and having fun

You guys have fun with the class. I just cut the bar out of my truck and put it back to stock. The rules could not have been any better (as far as fitting my turck) for me when the come out. I called Ron at suncoast trying to buy a duraflite tranny so I could compete and he didn't act like he wanted to to have one. I'm not willing to change the tranny every handfull of passes to run this class! It's no fun, I can't afford it! If i'm going to be spending money I don't have, I'm going to build a 2wd back half RACE truck that I can work on. It's been fun and I should be there but I will be running 12.00. I can make allmost as much money in 12.00 and not work on it. Rob, I could get my truck down to 5800 with my 300 lbs a$$ in it so i'm not sure why your's is so heavy. Lighter tranny, lighter driver, no insides. I think the rules should have been 6500 lbs. working air, plain dot tires. Real trucks. Flame away I'm just out to have fun now and enjoy racing. Jeff

Have to agree with Rob, not enough trucks at least out west in Prostreet, and driving back east to race is not in the budget. We built Max'd Out to be the truck to beat in Superstreet, after going through two engines, an intercooler and 4 big spendy turbos trying to make it competitive in Prostreet, it isn't worth it. It will still race Prostreet but in Superstreet trim. As I said earlier, unless the Smith Truck decides not to come to Topeka, it won't happen untill next year so you don't have to worry Shawn. I'd worry about Arron, sooner or later they are going to get that truck running and it will be tough to beat, also don't forget Jerry Mullens in his new red dmax. It is 6,050 lbs with his skinny ass in it and he's getting it dialed in. Matt (Camomax) and Jeff (Stingpuller) will always have a very quick truck or two in that class as well.

Last edited:
Were excited to race who ever shows up. Just pumped to hear there will be that many trucks competing in superstreet.

You guys have fun with the class. I just cut the bar out of my truck and put it back to stock. The rules could not have been any better (as far as fitting my turck) for me when the come out. I called Ron at suncoast trying to buy a duraflite tranny so I could compete and he didn't act like he wanted to to have one. I'm not willing to change the tranny every handfull of passes to run this class! It's no fun, I can't afford it! If i'm going to be spending money I don't have, I'm going to build a 2wd back half RACE truck that I can work on. It's been fun and I should be there but I will be running 12.00. I can make allmost as much money in 12.00 and not work on it. Rob, I could get my truck down to 5800 with my 300 lbs a$$ in it so i'm not sure why your's is so heavy. Lighter tranny, lighter driver, no insides. I think the rules should have been 6500 lbs. working air, plain dot tires. Real trucks. Flame away I'm just out to have fun now and enjoy racing. Jeff

Was writing while you were posting Jeff, that roll cage and flexplate shield are pretty heavy as are the turbos, but we haven't weighed it lately, I'd bet Rob will have to add some weght to make 6000 lbs. Your description of what a superstreet truck should be is exactly what White Out is. Full interior minus the back seat, air, 6500 lbs. I'm with you on the tranny, it gets old in a hurry hauling it in and out every few passes.

Aaron was over for a bbq the other day and don't worry there was lots of trash talk goin on LOL

Jeff, as Ken said, I haven't weighed it, but feel it is somewhere in the 5700 lb range now, but pro street is 4500lb limit.

Shawn, pure street trucks like my daily driver/tow rig fit in the 12.0 rules as I'll not put a bar in my street truck. Last I looked at your truck, it's not a true street truck either.

This has all been hashed out before. All makes of truck are too fast and there needs to be a true street class, then race truck classes. People need to Build a truck to the rules of what ever class you want to run and compete. If someone is faster, than either improve or lose.

Pro Street weight

Rob, I agree that 6k isn't going to get it done in a 4500 lbs class. My new truck will be well under 4500 so I can put weight were I want it. I may even try some of those twin's being I haven't got to play with any yet. I'm still surprised nobody has built a true race truck other than orange crush. I think with a good motor/turbo combo that truck would have been fast. Jeff

Actually rob until yesterday, I had a trailer hitch,heater,a/c,full interior with factory seats , dvd player, the only interior mod was the bar. I welcome you guys back to superstreet. It'll be fun with close races. If we meet I'll lose but I don't care. But like us and a few others we nned to live at this power level to make it to the finals. Aaron and I haven't been doing that very well this year LOL. Don't worry Rob, you won't here any complaining from us, we're here to hang out and have fun

Looking forward to seeing you Canadians again, fun group to hang with.

The super street plans are for 2011. This way I can run two classes again. Even if not competitive in pro street, but we haven't lost yet, lol. That was fun and more exciting and made the traveling cost worth a bit more.

I'd like to give Randy fits again by running the tow truck in brackets, and the race truck in super and pro....

Jeff, I also feel that would be the way to go. Less weight will allow parts to live longer. If next year is like this year, may be putting a small block in the truck and bracket racing it!

Back