NHRDA - Texas Diesel Nationals Results

NHRDA

TDN-Frontpage-Banner.png

12 Apr 2014 Ennis, TX - The 7th Annual Texas Diesel Nationals had record crowds, great weather, and fantastic performances down the legendary quarter mile at the Texas Motorplex.

In Top Diesel John Robinson's Power Solutions sponsored Funny Car won with a 7.123 at 191.24. In Pro Stock Ryan Miliken repeated his Spring Diesel Nationals win with his 2nd win in a row. Ryan's final round was full of excitement when his steering wheel came off during the burnout, but the Florida driver put the wheel back on, backed up, ran 8.889 ast 151.05 mph in the final.
'
Jarid Vollmer's Bully Dog Dodge ran six thousandths of a second under his current national record in Pro Street on the way to his 2nd win of the young 2014 season, but was unable to to run quick enough in the final round to back the time up for a new national record. He defeated Matt Kubik, who was unable to make the call for the final.

Chris Buhidar from San Antonio won in Super Street over Spring Branch Texas based Randy Strey, 10.419 to Strey's 10.868. In Super Diesel Joshua Harris fan favorite Full Size Chevrolet Van defeated number one qualifirer John Daffis 11.996 to 11.956 with a better reaction time.

And in Sportsman Trey Sikes, who won in Bakersfield CA after driving all the way from Hamlet South Carolina in his VW TDI Wagon, then drove all the way back to Hamlet for work, then drove out here to Ennis ran a perfect 10.400 on his 10.40 dial in to defeat Charles Meaux.

SLED PULL RESULTS

12 Apr 2014 Ennis, TX Joshua Deeter won both the NHRDA 3.0 Diesel and the Super Stock Diesel sled pull classes in convincing fashion this

evening at the NHRDA Texas Diesel Nationals at the Texas Motorplex. In 3.0 Diesel Deeter's pulled measured 326.11 feet, followed by a 326.03

effort in Super Stock Diesel.

In 2.6 Diesel Darvin Bradley, from Mineral Wells, TZX won with a pull of 310.04, followed by BUck Hyndam's 306.05.

NHRDA Texas Diesel Nationals Sled Pull Results for 2.6 Diesel Sponsored By Valair Clutches

Winner - Darvin Bradley, Mineral Wells TX - 310.04
Runner Up - Buck Hyndam, Kenne, TX - 306.05

Neglin Richards - 290.10
Ritchie Shafer - 285.04
Jerry Putman - 251.07
Jim Greenway - 290.10
Vannessa Finstad - 268.06
Buck Hyndman - 306.05
Kindra Rausch - 292.07
John Weatherby - 283.10
Dan Clark - 284.07
Shawn Braun - 280.02
Dillon McCrea - 300.09
Dan Vallance - 301.03
Jim Greenway - 60.07 (Mechanical)
Daniel Rice - 53.11 (Mechanical)
Chris Ryan - 288.06
Jeremiah Peek - 112.01 (Lost Boost)
Alan Dincans - 294.08
Darvin Bradley - 310.04
Amy Greenway - 82.07

NHRDA - Texas Diesel Nationals Sled Pull 3.0 Diesel Results

Winner - Joshua Deeter - 326.11
Runner Up - Tom Hansen - 288.03

NHRDA - Texas Diesel Nationals Sled Pull Results in Super Stock Diesel -

Winner - Joshua Deeter - 326.03 (2nd Win Tonight - He also won 3.0 Diesel)

Brad Ingram - 290.06
Brad Deeter - 273.00
Joshua Deeter - 326.03

Congratulations to all the winners.

Better verify that winning dial time for the Sportsman class :D

Congrats to all the winners!

"7.123 at 191.24".....holy hell, Robinson! :rockwoot:

Any word on attendance #'s? From the pics/video's, it looks like one of the better turnouts i've seen at an NHRDA event. Hopefully that's the start of a trend!

It seemed like there was a good # in attendance. They didn't get there early, but just kept coming in all day. By the time the pulls started, there were a ton of people.

The truck count in the faster events was down though.

"7.123 at 191.24".....holy hell, Robinson! :rockwoot:

Word on the street is he lifted early and had to pull back some HP also...

It seemed like there was a good # in attendance. They didn't get there early, but just kept coming in all day. By the time the pulls started, there were a ton of people.

The truck count in the faster events was down though.

Very true I know off the top of my head we were missing the Idaho Boys (Rob and Verlon) , FCDP guys as well as the Georgia Mafia.

I guess you could say we were missing Greg H in TD also but we new he would never show up in his own backyard to race....

Word on the street is he lifted early and had to pull back some HP also...

Very true I know off the top of my head we were missing the Idaho Boys (Rob and Verlon) , FCDP guys as well as the Georgia Mafia.

I guess you could say we were missing Greg H in TD also but we new he would never show up in his own backyard to race....

Pro Street was missing the georgia crew, stuckey, Sullivan, H&S and rob. Lots of the fast guys were not there but the fans were. Need to give them a show next year to ensure it keeps happening. It's a chance you take having an event pre May though. Most build to start playing come May.

LOTS of people at the event though. Congrats NHRDA

He defeated Matt Kubik, who was unable to make the call for the final.

\

This is not correct. I never broke. he eliminated me in the first round of eliminations. The Little red express truck broke (I think) on his by run and had a red light.

So the little red express truck was suppose to be in the final but he went red so Jarid had a solo final. If I was suppose to run in the final I was told incorrectly in the tower when I went to ask.

Last edited:
This is not correct. I never broke. he eliminated me in the first round of eliminations. The Little red express truck broke (I think) on his by run and had a red light.

So the little red express truck was suppose to be in the final but he went red so Jarid had a solo final. If I was suppose to run in the final I was told incorrectly in the tower when I went to ask.

I sure hope that wasn't the case. That would really pi$$ me off.

Pro Street was missing the georgia crew, stuckey, Sullivan, H&S and rob. Lots of the fast guys were not there but the fans were. Need to give them a show next year to ensure it keeps happening. It's a chance you take having an event pre May though. Most build to start playing come May.

LOTS of people at the event though. Congrats NHRDA

I don't believe H&S, or the Sullivan's usually make the National race at Ennis just Finals. Not sure how I could have not thought of Team Green though.. :doh:

Yeah I think the guy who was doing the announcing put this together. He said the same thing from the announcer booth. It should have been Vollmer and Max in the finals.

Not trying to be a jerk but I have to say the guy they have doing the announcing now leaves a lot to be desired. I even went back and watched the video link last night and it was very lack luster as well as he should do a lot more research as he made a lot of incorrect statements.

Not trying to be a jerk but I have to say the guy they have doing the announcing now leaves a lot to be desired. I even went back and watched the video link last night and it was very lack luster as well as he should do a lot more research as he made a lot of incorrect statements.

That sucks. I couldn't make it down this time, but I will say that horrible announcing is not the way to grow a sport. :(

"7.123 at 191.24".....holy hell, Robinson! :rockwoot:[/QUOTE
Thanks, I lifted at 6.2 seconds into run & rolled out on the clutch that killed to 60'.. previous pass we had a 1.11 60'...This pass it was a 1.22. The six second club is defiantly there.. just gotta get both ends working.

How do you red light and get eliminated from a bye run??? If he broke, I can see not making the call for the final, but how do you make the final a bye run because the semifinal bye run lit a red light??? Bye runs are no bueno for spectators/fans!!!

That would be a total bummer if you were supposed to be in the final and they got it confused in the tower!

I don't know I didn't watch it. Because I ran right before it happend. But from what I was told he jumped forward and the tower showed red and they were looking under the truck and then pushed it off the track. But again I didn't see it happen just going off what I was told. Went to the tower they said there wouldn't even be a final and that I'm automatically runner up and Jarid is the winner and they won't run a final. So I went back and told Jarid that he didn't have to run in the final. Then a while later he came to my trailer and told me they ended up telling him he has to make a by run for the final. It was all kind of confusing but it's not like I would have beat him anyway lol I was running 10.4-10.5 and he ran a 8.9 in the final. I didn't have that much nitrous in the trailer.

I totally agree, he didn't announce any of the names during the time trials so you had no idea who was running. The feed on Diesel TV kept hanging up, they were hunting for a good stable provider, said on Diesel TV they were using three of them. It is slow and painful to watch. I know the sponsors need to be mentioned but a little less saying who is sponsoring the lanes and more left lane and right lane plus who is running would add to the broadcast and crowds enjoyment greatly.

As was stated not many trucks in the quicker classes, H&S was at the Mopar Challenge in Vegas and Payton ran a 8.8. Prostreet is getting quicker and quicker, nice thing about watching H&S and Bully Dog is you can actually see them going down the strip. I think the meteor is about to hit the dinosaurs.:lolly: Should be a great race when all of them show up for the finals, (hopefully).