Nitrous and studs only

Roy 31

Dont know JS!
Is there a SAFE amount of nitrous i could spray with just having my head studed?

That depends on how much timing, compression and fuel you're already running. Some will be fine with a large shot and some may not handle any.

OK I'm going to roll the dice on this and run nitrous. Now what system? NXd 12000 stacker 2 is in my price range. Or go w/ the NXd 1001? Can you ramp these systems so it doesnt come all at one time? As you can tell I dont know jack sh!t about this.

All you need is a dry style, or heck even a wet style nozzle. Anyones brand, get like NExpress or the like due to thiers is 1/8" pipe and its easier, i have a NOS but they use 1/16" pipe threads and i liked to never find the tap. Just put in a nozzle with around a .50 jet get a solinoid even could be a purge with this small of a shot, and a used bottle at a swap meet. You could be hooked up for under 100.00 easy. I have slightly more in my set up but just because i couldnt find a used nozzle at the time a bought a new one from NOS around 45.00, nitrous hits hard on these motors, i would stay under a .55 jet and have fun. Ryan

It's not really rolling the dice if you know what you're dealing with. Is your engine stock compression? How many miles? How much blow-by? Do you clean up the fuel now? What does the EGT look like at then end of a 1/4mi pass?

stock comp., 110,000,no blow-by, i dont burn near all the fuel I have going into it, EGTs are to high, i can hit 1200 just going up a small incline.
The NX stacker kit would be all I need? whats a .55 jet get you?

Usually around a .50 jet is about 80hp or so. I tryed a .52 a few weekends ago and it hit like Mike tyson out of the hole, it 60'ed a 1.48 but blew the tranny and twisted off the input shaft again at the 2nd gear change.

I'd start off small since you're close to the limit of the turbo anyway. A .050 jet may get you close to 80hp. I'd recommend a progressive controller to assist in keeping the engine together longer by gradually ramping to 100%.