Nitrous and timing....

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I was thinking of running 27 deg and two 0.135 stages...only have 370cc of fuel so I figure I can't make too much cyl pressure LOL

Where are all you guys at?? Most people I've talked to are running c.20 deg with big spray.....

I ran 27 degrees of timing, one drilled out pill ramped and a 56 jet. I only used this combo on occasion. Would usually just run drilled pill. Previous owner said the pump is at 400cc. On the dyno it held steady power with the above jets.

With stock pistons?

I ran 27 degrees of timing, one drilled out pill ramped and a 56 jet. I only used this combo on occasion. Would usually just run drilled pill. Previous owner said the pump is at 400cc. On the dyno it held steady power with the above jets.

Nitrous

That was just enough to make everyone run! lol That's what happens with a WOT switch and your not carefull. :doh: Jeff

dyno or track? I ran 32 degrees for two passes on a stock motor = 11.10 @128mph then melted two pistons 718 hp on dyno with juice and 540 ? on motor . If i dont have to fix your truck Jason go for 32 plus.

You do have the big bowl pistons, 27 and 2 .135's would still scare me though.

Update...I ran on the dyno and made 447 on fuel, and then 335 on fuel with the nitrous setup (both wastegates open) went from 335 to 583 on one stage, and then 599 with the second stage...just no more fuel to burn, I guess. Triggered at about 2,000rpm, everything held up fine...made 1,284 lb-ft so the torque was pretty good ;)

Made about 6 runs in the c.575-599 range. So it did live with 27 deg of timing, I just don't have enough fuel to blow it up :hehe:

Update...I ran on the dyno and made 447 on fuel, and then 335 on fuel with the nitrous setup (both wastegates open) went from 335 to 583 on one stage, and then 599 with the second stage...just no more fuel to burn, I guess. Triggered at about 2,000rpm, everything held up fine...made 1,284 lb-ft so the torque was pretty good ;)

Made about 6 runs in the c.575-599 range. So it did live with 27 deg of timing, I just don't have enough fuel to blow it up :hehe:

So when is that heap going to make some passes? You have some power now! :nos:

On edit: do you have video of those runs?

Last edited: