Nitrous express boost controller help

bling

How did u guys hook up ur tps for the controller on vp44 truck. what wire is the signal wire and how did u rig ur wot switch.

kinda wanted to know how some of u did it so i can do mine.

i did some searches and didnt find much on the setups

:nos:

Can't you just hook it up to reference on boost?

the way the directions read u have to make the the controller learn ur tps so it can function properly. id love for it to just reference off boost. this is why im asking to see if anybody has done it deifferent

I hooked up my tps to a switch, literally an on off switch on my panel. followed the procedure on how to learn the tps turned the switch on/off a few times then the controller had learned the signal. then I just turn on the switch and program based on boost.
at my elevation 0 psi was not triggering it to go and with my tightish converter and a large single i couldn't get it to spool. called nx and they told me how it reads vaccum as well, set the boost to -4 psi and it worked great. so to stage I turn on the controller, power brake, turn on full throttle switch and let the programming take over, love it.

Connect to the light blue with black tracer wire at the six pin connector at the base of the tps.

Hope that helps

Malcolm

I hooked up my tps to a switch, literally an on off switch on my panel. followed the procedure on how to learn the tps turned the switch on/off a few times then the controller had learned the signal. then I just turn on the switch and program based on boost.
at my elevation 0 psi was not triggering it to go and with my tightish converter and a large single i couldn't get it to spool. called nx and they told me how it reads vaccum as well, set the boost to -4 psi and it worked great. so to stage I turn on the controller, power brake, turn on full throttle switch and let the programming take over, love it.

where does the other end of the switch go?

any pics of what u are talking about.

i understand what u did but unclear on how u went about it

Connect to the light blue with black tracer wire at the six pin connector at the base of the tps.

Hope that helps

Malcolm

thanks 24v if this on off switch thing doesnt work ill just go that route

The good thing about using the tps is that the system will not flow n2o until the throttle is at 100%.

The good thing about using the tps is that the system will not flow n2o until the throttle is at 100%.

This isn't always quite the same necessity on a diesel as it is in a gas engine in my opinion. Nevertheless, a nice feature. Some people prefer to bring it in before 100%.

Last edited:
This isn't always quite the same necessity on a diesel as it is in a gas engine in my opinion. Nevertheless, a nice feature. Some people prefer to bring it in before 100%.

my purpose for using it is to stay on top of the charger at the top end when i the converter is locked in overdrive.

the boost drops from like 50lbs to 30lbs at the strip. the rpms arent there in overdrive to keep the turbo fully spooled so im gonna mildly spray it and see how it reacts......more of a top end thing

Back