Nitrous Jet Size = How Much Horsepower?

BilletGarage

Diesel Addict
Hey guys/gals . . . What I'm looking for is either an online calculator to convert Nitrous Jet Size to Horsepower Increase or vice versa specifically for Dry Diesel setups. It seems lots of people here are running a .070+ jet and I'm confused because this appears to be a 250+ HP increase according to multiple online jet calculators. Is that right? Wondering if NOS jetting for diesels is different than gas motors??? Don't want to blow anything up by mistake. :badidea:

Thanks in advance for the information!

*nx*

yes..it is completely different..I would like to find an online nos diesel calculator

but this is what I have found so far..I went to the NX website downloaded the installation instructions and the last page has a small chart that goes like this:

JET HP
26 35
32 50
40 75
46 100
54 125
72 150
88 175
105 200

these numbers are at 950 psi. I will upload the chart later.

If you go by the calculator shown or any other calculators, I would have about 1200hp on nitrous alone. Is that right? No, it is not. There is alot to take into consideration.

Alot of these guys are running a .070+ yet. Do you know the size of your solenoids? Do you know the size of your lines? Do you know how much pressure you have in your bottle at start up? Do you know how much pressure at the bottle when you activate the nitrous and do you know how much pressure is at the end, when you release the nitrous? Do you know how much fuel you are running? Do you know where your timing is at, at different rpms? With that information you can figure out what size jets to run on your diesel engine.

I can tell you run a 110 size jet. I run them. Is it going to work on your truck - maybe, maybe not. If you have any questions, you can call me 352-528-0688 and I will help you how to set it up so it will work properly.

DJ

Abrannan19 said:
yes..it is completely different..I would like to find an online nos diesel calculator

but this is what I have found so far..I went to the NX website downloaded the installation instructions and the last page has a small chart that goes like this:

JET HP
26 35
32 50
40 75
46 100
54 125
72 150
88 175
105 200

Perfect! Thanks! That helps alot.

djdieseltech said:
If you go by the calculator shown or any other calculators, I would have about 1200hp on nitrous alone. Is that right? No, it is not. There is alot to take into consideration.

Alot of these guys are running a .070+ yet. Do you know the size of your solenoids? Do you know the size of your lines? Do you know how much pressure you have in your bottle at start up? Do you know how much pressure at the bottle when you activate the nitrous and do you know how much pressure is at the end, when you release the nitrous? Do you know how much fuel you are running? Do you know where your timing is at, at different rpms? With that information you can figure out what size jets to run on your diesel engine.

I can tell you run a 110 size jet. I run them. Is it going to work on your truck - maybe, maybe not. If you have any questions, you can call me 352-528-0688 and I will help you how to set it up so it will work properly.

DJ

Thanks for the information and the offer for help DJ! I really appreciate that and I need to call you anyway for some tunes . . . I know alot of the information you asked about already but I will have to find out the unknown . . .

1) Feed line from bottle is -4AN
2) Nitrous Solenoid flows Max .125 unrestricted with -4AN Lines
3) Line from Solenoid to Nozzle is -4AN
4) Bottle Pressure (hopefully) before GO time +/- 950psi (Will add bottle warmer if it's a problem)
5) No idea on timing. I could find that out from the tune writer right?
6) Nozzle will flow .125+ unrestricted with -4AN Lines
7) No idea on exact fuel flow. Tune writer would know that too?
8) No idea on Nitrous Pressure at the Nozzle. Is it necessary to have guage there as well?

Thanks again!

I made just over 80rwhp by using a .070" jet in Blue, but it is a Duramax.

McRat said:
I made just over 80rwhp in Blue, but it is a Duramax.
Fixed it for ya.:evil

Throw the kit on there and goto the track. Scale your truck, and run the numbers through a hp calculator.
Or go by the numbers above. Zex uses about the same scale on hp per jet. I lost my cheat sheet, theirs might be a bit larger on jet per hp.

Last edited:
Jff24Gordn said:
Fixed it for ya.:evil

Throw the kit on there and goto the track. Scale your truck, and run the numbers through a hp calculator.
Or go by the numbers above. Zex uses about the same scale on hp per jet. I lost my cheat sheet, theirs might be a bit larger on jet per hp.

Gasoline charts have a major malfunction. They assume you're adding more fuel into the equation.

Abrannan19 said:

JET HP
26 35
32 50
40 75
46 100
54 125
72 150
88 175
105 200

As i have found it looks like that jet chart is very close to what i have found out using a calculator that takes the vehicle weight into consideration. Well let me say that i've tried it several different ways and kept coming up with very close #'s. So i would say that the calculator that i used is probably pretty close, although the calculators are not real world they should only be used to give you an idea anyways.

right..I am not saying any of theses to be dead accurate..just posting the ONLY info that I have found online..

Thanks for the help guys! This gives me a good guage. Have most of these jets already except for some of the larger ones :eek: from previous gas setups.