Nitrous NX dry kit bottle mounting on my 05 F350?

bassn_07

I’ve been going back and forth on purchasing a nitrous NX kit and finally decided to go for it. If any could give any advice or suggestions on the best place to mount the bottle and whether or not I would be wasting money on a automatic bottle opener? Also if the bottle is mounted in the bed of the truck does the kit supply more than enough line? Also adding that I have a locking retractable tonneau (truck cover USA) cover which brings up concerns about bottle pressure during the heat of summer. Would it get to hot? Thanks in advance for the time and advice.

It will fit perfect back there, and it likes the heat. Richard has his back there under a BLACK cover. There is plenty of line. The remote opener is cool. I did not get it because it would be waaaaaay to easy to use at any street light when some ricer pulls up. My opinion, Nitrous is for the strip.

I vote for the bed. Just got around to mounting mine as well. Went back and forth between cab and bed but decided on the bed. Didn't want to mess with a blow down tube and it looks cool. I can also reach it over the bedrail pretty easy so no remote bottle opener planned.

DSC09987.jpg

DSC09989.jpg

OK, so I have a regular cab dodge, but its out of sight and close at hand.

Attachments

• twins7.jpg
    twins7.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 21
  • twins8.jpg
    twins8.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 28
BilletGarage said:
I vote for the bed. Just got around to mounting mine as well. Went back and forth between cab and bed but decided on the bed. Didn't want to mess with a blow down tube and it looks cool. I can also reach it over the bedrail pretty easy so no remote bottle opener planned.

DSC09987.jpg

DSC09989.jpg

Is that a billet mount. Looks clean. Where did you get it?

I mainly plan on using the bottle only at the track but i'm one of these geeks that likes to have all the bells and whistles. What's the installation and setup time on the kit? I have moderate mechanical skills and usually do okay with minor things. This would be considered minor...right?

Billet Garage thanks for the pictures. Where did you get that bottle holder from?

DAPilot i also have a black retractable tonneau cover that i always keep locked but my only concern is internal temperatures during the heat of summer. I know you mentioned that nitrous likes the heat but at what temperature would be considered too hot?

The bottle bracket is from Pro-Precision here in So Cal. I am good friends with the owner James. He designed and machined this bracket about 5 years ago after seeing some pretty bad attempts by other people. Today he makes a limited number since his business has gotten pretty busy in the past few years. He usually sells them via Ebay under the screen name "PPBillet". The one in my truck we machined the base down to fit in the groove of the bed. Looks real clean but not sure if the modified base has the strength yet. Still working on it. There are other people out there selling similar brackets but side by side, there is NO comparison in quality. Here is the one he made for me for my old Z28 . . . I sold the car before it was mounted but it was awesome! I spent 4 hours one day polishing it at his shop . . . :bang

ZexBottle.jpg

Dan Ward at Truckin Magazine saw a Pro-Precision bracket one day somewhere and ended getting in contact with my buddy James. They were building a show truck for SEMA and wanted his Dual Bottle Bracket and Optima Battery Brackets for the project. James was on cloud nine! He's pretty low key guy who is more modest than he should be considering the quality of billet accessories that have rolled out of his shop over the years. He's an artist in my opinion . . .

http://www.truckinweb.com/features/0506tr_2001_chevy_s10

0506_09z+2001_chevrolet_s10+bed_view.jpg

Last edited:
That is sweet...It looks like when you pull the pins out, then turn it over and has a built in handle.

Not that I have seen many bottle holders, but that is by far the nicest

Mooring Product said:
That is sweet...It looks like when you pull the pins out, then turn it over and has a built in handle.

Exactly! Makes carrying it in to get filled a snap!

LowResOutofBracket.jpg

nummit said:
Not that I have seen many bottle holders, but that is by far the nicest

Wish I could take credit for making it. I've told my buddy many times that if I had his shop and knowledge I would sleep there! My mind works overtime on new billet ideas!

i manage a manufacturing company here in the Silicon Valley and it's a shame I can't find the time to manufacture something for myself. If anyone has any input on a design or an idea feel free to share. Maybe I will find the time to manufacture something in the next month or so.

BilletGarage that is a really nice setup you have, did you have any input on the design?

bassn_07 said:
i manage a manufacturing company here in the Silicon Valley and it's a shame I can't find the time to manufacture something for myself. If anyone has any input on a design or an idea feel free to share. Maybe I will find the time to manufacture something in the next month or so.

BilletGarage that is a really nice setup you have, did you have any input on the design?

Oh the design of the bottle bracket was all James. Wish I could take credit. I think he saw something similar but the quality was crap. So he took the basic design and improved upon it. I sure wish I had machine skills and a CNC. The stuff I would make . . .