Nitrous on a manual?

AOsipower

I am looking into getting a NX Stacker nitrous system for my truck. Its a 2001 with the 6-speed. Sorry I didnt fill out my sig yet, I have F1 mach 6's, II Silver bullet, Drag comp, smarty, etc,etc.

My question is will this work and how do you go about setting it up on a manual truck?

Thanks in advance guys!
-Alex

*nx* :rockwoot:
if its smokey, you will have more power. start small, and if it pops, turn the bottle down.

Last edited:
So just activate it with the wide open throttle switch they give ya?

I eventually want to get the progressive controller but that is not in the budget right now. I also run water meth, will this be a problem? NX site says its not, anybody have real world experience?

Thanks!

AOsipower said:
So just activate it with the wide open throttle switch they give ya?

I eventually want to get the progressive controller but that is not in the budget right now. I also run water meth, will this be a problem? NX site says its not, anybody have real world experience?

Thanks!

Just wait and save up for the progressive controller, it's worth it. and you wont wanna run Nos and water at the same time. My system with the controller is MAP based of of boost and not the WOT switch.

You can set up a very nice system without the controller and see nice gains. Even 50-75 hp worth of nitrous on a manual makes the truck drive like it has a gas engine - no lag. Set up the system with a WOT switch and a Hobbs (boost switch) and you'll be fine. Start small and work your way up. You CAN run water and nitrous despite what everyone says, but I would drop the meth out.

Just remember to take it easy starting out, you can run into some really high cylinder pressures really quick with the juice.

Banshee -> you would recommend the WOT and a hobbs switch. How do I incorporate that into the wiring, or set up? I don't want a huge hit, like you said I just want to get rid of the lag of the Silver Bullet.

-> I would like the progressive controller but unless someone wants to send me one to "test" my wallet says this is not gonna happen soon.

Also, I know application has alot to do with system setup, this system will be used for drag racing not trying to achieve big dyno numbers so that is my main focus.

Thanks guys keep the suggestions coming!

I would go with a full throttle switch hooked up i series with the hobbs switch, so when you hit full throttle and x psi then the nitrous will go! Do you have multiple solenoids, you could put a jet to go with the wideopen switch and then when you hit x psi boost also, fire a second jet.

AOsipower,

When you wire up the system you will do what zstroken said and wire them in series. You always want to power the solenoid off a relay, so you wire the WOT Switch, the (normally open) Hobbs Switch, and a toggle switch all in series (in line) on the "trigger" wire to the relay. Pull 12V power from somewhere, run that wire to the toggle, then to the WOT Switch on the pedal, then to the Hobbs in the intake horn, and then finally to the relay. When the switches are "on" (toggle flipped on, pedal @ WOT, and boost above the set point to close the switch) the relay will fire to trigger the nitrous. Setup that way it's really foolproof with a manual and you will have no worries of spraying too early. Start small... say with a .030 or a .040 jet to give you 30-40 hp and go from there. IMO a progressive controller is a waste of money if you're only going to spray a small shot. Also, if you spray water in the intake spray your nitrous pre-CAC.

dzlfarmboy said:
Just wait and save up for the progressive controller, it's worth it. and you wont wanna run Nos and water at the same time. My system with the controller is MAP based of of boost and not the WOT switch.

you can spray both, I have rode in a truck spraying both just ran h2o.