Nitrous questions

ka rainwater

hey all i'm new to this site but some of you may know me from Ford Truck World...anway a buddy of mine gave me his nitrous kit off his accord...question is what will i need to do to safely run it on my truck...it's a Zex kit i have intake/exhaust/SCT/ARP headstuds....anything else i need??

You have a part number from the kit?
If it's just a typical dry shot...it probably has everything you need.
Get your tuner to write you a nitrous file and throw no larger than a .073 jet in it.
The install is pretty basic...I like to put the nozzle about 6-7" from the centerline of the intake elbow.

Make shure you have extra fuel to burn, or when you hit the spray it might not be as rewarding as you thought.

That's why I said no larger than a .073 jet. A healthy 6.0 will have the fuel to support that much nitrous.....not more though.
I also think any 6.0 using nitrous should have a fuel pressure gauge...you really need to know what's going on with that.

alright cool...thanks for the help..i'll get the part number off the kit tomorrow...i should be able to monitor the fuel pressure through data logging with the SCT right? once i watch it once on the dyno i should be safe to spray on the track i'm assuming.....