Nitrous without headstuds.

Strokin79

Here's the deal.....I have about $750 to spend on a mod. I already have Exhaust, Gauges, and SCT with Xtreme Race tune from innovative. I'm thinking nitrous.....Who has run the squeeze without studs in? This would be used at the track only a couple of weekends a month. Other options I have thought about would be to wait on the Gas and go ahead and do studs...or maybe a fluidamper. What are your opinions?

Strokin79 said:
Here's the deal.....I have about $750 to spend on a mod. I already have Exhaust, Gauges, and SCT with Xtreme Race tune from innovative. I'm thinking nitrous.....Who has run the squeeze without studs in? This would be used at the track only a couple of weekends a month. Other options I have thought about would be to wait on the Gas and go ahead and do studs...or maybe a fluidamper. What are your opinions?
on a 6.0 i would do headstuds for sure, my friend had sct intake and exhaust, granted he has a heavy foot, one of his heads lifted... so headstuds first id say

Nitrous is very tempting....but the more I think about, I think I'll go ahead and do the studs. I'll be doing them myself(with assistance from my uncle who has a shop.)...What's the best method to lift the cab without the aid of the equipment that the ford dealership has?

talk to Iracemx6 he has 190's and nos stock headbolts on an 03 truck

i ran nos with stock headbolts ALOT no issues, i would run it and if it starts puking then worry about it
robert

I went ahead and ordered studs....I will eventually need them since I want to add larger injectors and turbo down the line. I think I will go ahead and put the drugs on her the way she sits and see what happens.......Can't wait for the track to reopen.....:bigsmile:

I ran NOS without studs also. I did so with the Juice Platinum stacked with an Edge Evolution. Never had a problem, just finally got smart and got an SCT and since I was upgrading, went with studs and injectors and fuel system. TOO FUN NOW!!

What about us 7.3 guys? Didn't Danny run nos without studs for a long time?

Back