no 4wd

energy knight

anyone know how the front axle engages. also my air vents wont switch. is this all related (vaccume line ?) 02 dodge with manual 4wd lever.

the 02 used a vacuum accuated central axle disconnect to engage the front axle shafts. so you have a vacuum issue.

straight from pure diesel power's website.

"4x4 Posi-Lok replaces the vacuum actuator with a cable operated actuator that puts the driver in control of the engagement from inside the cab. After engaging the transfer case, a one inch pull of the 4x4 Posi-Lok cable connects the right front axle to the intermediate shaft using the shift collar and fork, and 4-wheel drive is engaged! Simply reverse the procedure to disengage 4-wheel drive. 4x4 Posi-Lok also works great with lockers! When the front axle is locked, you can disengage the passenger side in order to make turns without wheel hop.

Works on 1994-2002 Dodge 2500/3500 trucks with CAD (Central Axle Disconnect)Also works on 1994-2001 Dodge 1500 trucks with CAD. Fits Dana 44 & Dana 60 axles."

Follow your main line from the pump to the firewall, there ia a t there, prob came off, just had the same prob

So did some early 02s have it, i thought that was the only real difference between a 2001.5 and 2002/ I guess he will have to see if his has it or not.

Yeah, quite a few of the early production 02s had it.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say more were CAD than not...

I just had this same problem. Vacuum line that goes into the T on the firewall was dry rotted. Replaced it...problem fixed.

Yeah, quite a few of the early production 02s had it.

Well ain't I a lucky SOB. Been through that argument before. LOL Told them to climb under the truck and if it wasn't there I'd give them a grand.

not shure what the "cad" is but i did find a vacume line pulled off. thanks

Glad you found it. Was it the line right at the axle? You know you can put a $40 solenoid on that vacuum line that toggles from a switch in the cab and have essentially a 2wd low range...right? :rockwoot: One on the best mods ever made to my truck. $.02

4_Lo.jpg

... i thought that was the only real difference between a 2001.5 and 2002....

Only real difference I've found between mine and my neighbors 2001 is the oil pressure sensor. '01 reads actual pressure from a transducer and '02 is a stupid ass go/no go sensor where the pressure reading on the dash is completely useless.

Last edited: