No cruise and abs light

JDowning09

I have a 98.5 and noticed cruise doesnt work. Also has the ABS light on all the time. I was told by previous owner that he jumped the clutch safety switch, so you dont have to engage clutch to start. Wondered if that could be the culpret?? But what would cause ABS? Read that the clock spring could cause it and cruise not to work, but my horn works and that means good clock spring? Did some searching and seems there are many different reasons to cause it to not work so thought i would get some input with details of my truck. Thanks.

When my 02 did that, it was the speed sensor in the rear diff.

if your speedo still works fine, then it may be a front abs sensor. some vehicles will not allow the cruise to work if it has an active abs code. not sure if dodge is that way.

Haven't noticed any issues with speedo. I guess i will reconnect clutch safety first and see if it fixes it and if not try to figure out abs issue. Right now im thinking that with clutch safety bypassed the computer is thinkin that the clutch is engaged so its not allowing cruise to work, atleast that is what im hopin..

i must have read right past the part about the nss being bypassed. that is most probably your CC issue.