No cruise

dodgecowboy

Maybe someone can help, I hunted the form and couldnt find anything that either A made sense or B was related.

Here's my issue, my truck was originally an 01 with an automatic, the auto finally died after 179,000 hard miles, so I swapped in a 5speed manual. I would like to get cruise control to work, so in my quest I swapped the ECM and PCM to an 02 HO. the truck now is no longer going into limp mode but I still dont have cruise and now my ABS and Brake light are on.

What do I need to do to get these two lights off so I can get cruise to work possibly?

Thanks yall!

I'm not sure about the lights being on but I'd check your vacuum lines going from the vacuum pump to the cruise control module under the driver side battery, mines came loose a couple times on my 98 when it was my daily

Sent from phone

With ABS/Brake lights on the cruise might be disabled for the reason there is no valid speed signal for the PCM to use.

Manual trans on a 02 should be fly by wire and no longer using any vacuum motor. The only thing that uses vacuum on a 02 is the HVAC (or exhaust brake if equipted.)

but the speedo works perfectly at this point, and though mine has a vacuum pump I do not think 01 auto's used the vacuum pump to control the cruise. Ill look around to see if there are any vacuum lines,

at this point is my only hope to go to the dealer and have them scan the ABS codes? Ive been told there is a difference in ABS some are 4x2 and 4x4 mine is a 4wheel abs I know that

Did you burn in your old Vin number to the 02 ecm and pcm? on my 99 that I used the 98 12 valve pcm and harness, I had them lights on too. Had the dealer burn in my old gasser vin number and they went out.

There is a sensor on the trans/T/case & another on the rear axle. Both need to be operating & communicating.

Ed

Did you burn in your old Vin number to the 02 ecm and pcm? on my 99 that I used the 98 12 valve pcm and harness, I had them lights on too. Had the dealer burn in my old gasser vin number and they went out.

no I havent done that, what does that do?

The little computer boxes under the dash that I think have something to do with the ABS don't have the same VIN number as the other ones and they think you sold something. You need to get the VINs flashed the same and everything should work like normal.

My 01 uses vacuum for cruise. I have an air bag, brake light on, and no cruise. I googled a few things and find something about the clock spring being the issue. Mine won't even power up the cruise from the steering wheel.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Early 01 pickups used vacuum operated cruise control. The 02 ECM uses electronic cruise control. Completely different programs. Since it doesn't work, I'm guessing yours is an early 01. You need to reprogram the 02 ECM to match an early 01 with manual transmission. I believe your oil pressure gauge is probably not working correctly either.

Mine is an 01.5 and has vacuum operated cruise. Mine won't even light up the word cruise where the odometer display is.

Mine is an 01.5 and has vacuum operated cruise. Mine won't even light up the word cruise where the odometer display is.

Your clock spring is bad. Same issue I had.

For some reason Im thinking that the air bag wire is seperate from the clock spring.

For some reason Im thinking that the air bag wire is seperate from the clock spring.

Mine goes through the clock spring. Gonna see if I can find a code reader and see if the sensor is bad.

The little computer boxes under the dash that I think have something to do with the ABS don't have the same VIN number as the other ones and they think you sold something. You need to get the VINs flashed the same and everything should work like normal.

Okay, I thought so Ill just have to have the dealer reflash the truck and hopefully all the lights will go away. Appreciate the imput! :)