no dash lights

slow sixer

everything was working fine and then one night nothin. checked fuses, tried a new switch, looked at all the plugs and all seems good. any ideas? also, my fuel guage fell one day and has worked 2 times for about 5 minutes each, and back to empty. thanks for the ideas.

The fuel gauge is a possible shot sending unit float. Is it only the lights that aren't working? If so it could be the grid thing on the back of the instrument panel went up. If you have a test light take one and check all the connections where they plug into the instrument panel there and see what ya have there.

kinda what i was thinkin for the fuel guage, but wasnt sure if the problems were linked together though. and yeah, only the dash lights dont work. all warning lights and such (like signals, high beam indicator) still work. might there be a diagram or schematic i could use for reference? thanks alot for the help.

I had an issue with no lights on my dash. It was a poor ground where the comp box was tied in. I argued with the dealer about it. They said it was a poor ground, charged me $50 and on my way. I looked over the schematic on it and don't see how the ground they were referring to was it, but it was fixed.

yeah license lights still work where is the ground the dealer fixed for you? i hooked up an edge juice about 2 days before my lights went out but i cant see where that would mess with lights. hopefully this weekend ill have time to tear into it. thanks guys

I'm not sure if there is a wiring schematic on the internet or not, when i get to school tonight if i get a chance i'l,l try and pull up a schematic and see if i can email it to myself so i can post it up. for the edge did you have to pull off any of the wires that go to the dash?

no but i did have to unhook everything for the banks. the guages were tied into the lights. they worked after that for a couple days. the edge doesnt tap any light wires, so im sure thats not it. i havent had time to tinker with it yet hopefully sunday ill have some time.

ok i couldnt get a wire schematic so, did you have any luck with it? I'm not sure what it could be now.

Back