no oil pressure after rebuild

mcolussy

Just went to start engine after rebuild and not getting any oil pressure and didn't know exactly where to start looking for the problem was thinking possibly a oil galley plug or maybe the oil pump since I did not replace it due to it having great pressure before build any help or suggestions would be much appreciated just gets frustrating after doing all the work. But gonna pull the front cover tomorrow thank you for any advice

Next to filter you'll see a hex cap. That's the oil pressure regulator. Remove the 'cap'. There's the spring under it. Don't loose it, it's pretty big anyway. Once thats off see if you can move the piston. It may be stuck open.

Regulator seems to be working good seems to me getting no pressure there could be pump then?

are you doing a visual check of oil flow/ mechanical gauge measurement? or are you watching the gauge cluster (possibly a bad sending unit??)

Did you change the cooler gaskets? If so thereis a pump to sump style gasket and a pump to dump style gasket. Don't mix them up otherwise you can have a low or no oil pressure problem.

It stayed at 40-60 ish the last time i drove it. When i first started it up it was hovering 110 psi LOL

Im 95% sure its the ball and spring in the oil filter base deal. I have yet to change it, too much time messing with transmission parts....LOL

Did you forget the oil galley plug? It's behind the cam gear on the front of the block. There is also one in the back of the block.

Did you change the cooler gaskets? If so thereis a pump to sump style gasket and a pump to dump style gasket. Don't mix them up otherwise you can have a low or no oil pressure problem.

X2, the lower gasket set comes with both gaskets, if you get them mixed up, you will have no oil pressure. always use the old gasket for refrence when installing the new one.

Wes

Back