no power in first gear?

blackstallion69

complete carnage
truck is super slow in first gear but when it shifts to second it takes off? when u mash on it even with a boosted launch u can tell that something is restricting it but idk what, no matter what setting my chips are on it will do it any suggestion? also it blows no smoke in first but it poors out after it shifts. Current set up is in my sig.

and here is a video, I have it to the floor when it starts, its not very good but i hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnPehAvn6WA

sounds like a problem with the TC-
I had one on the ford that would barely move till 1500 rpm and then take off..... something inside the new TC broke.

mine does it but with the bd rad it stops and drives normal

yes have not gotten it completely put in right yet so i probly shouldnt be jumping in like i did but i did exactly what the manuel said but some of the other thungs were not right but it did go from tripping over it self to leaving long black lines with no power braking

my bully dog can get rid of torque management... it made it very very touchy but i dont remember if it still did the no power in first gear im going to reload it and see what it does

I just repaired a truck for this same problem..... try to shift you transmission in 1 and upshift while driving manually. if it seems to shift like it should check transmission codes, if there is an active transmission code it will cause the transmission to go into limp mode and it will stick in 3rd gear. usually caused by the transmission temp. sensor easy fix.
your check engine light will not be on but i did notice that the transmission temperature indicator light in dash stayed illuminated for several seconds after starting the truck.