No power

cummins.1

I have a 2000 dodge with 150hp injectors, hx40, fass, and I just sold my comp. With the comp I was hitting around 45psi, with the comp turned off I could hit around 30psi. Well I removed the comp a couple days ago and just drove the truck down the road and I couldn't get the turbo to spool past 10psi and it felt like a stock truck. Is it just me? I don't have a boost leak. The truck throws p0500 every once in a while which is vehicle speed sensor malfunction and it currently has this code. Could this be the problem? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I assuming since you can show 10 psi that you have the MAP plugged back in right? My question is, how's the smoke? That will determine a lot and help us out. I just went through this BS with my truck and ended up with a new VP44 AND new injectors. Lets not do that shall we? :D More info.What brand of injectors? I'm going to go out on a limb and say Jammer 5's. :hehe:

Manual gauge or electronic? Where are you getting boost info?

You just sold your boost fooler also remember, did you add another?

Man you're good, ha. Jammer 5's no smoke at all and yes I have the map plugged in

Boost line is coming off of the intake horn, guage has a needle, I'm guessing mechanical?

nrose07, I know I just sold it, I'm in the process of getting an adrenaline

I only guessed because my jammer 4's that I bought used and put 40K miles on finally burned out around the holes and the spary pattern was trashed and I could only make 32 psi of boost at WOT and it smoked like hell. Your stock ECM shouldn't defuel until 21 psi or so at WOT. That is strange. For the 'savin's of monies' I'd say find a set of injectors to borrow for a test drive and see. How's fuel economy? I had horrible idle and bad econ. New IP cured that. The top end was still crap and injectors cured that. How's lift pump pressures and air filter cleanliness? I know if sounds simple, but anything to save a buck if you ask me. Don't drop the $1900 unless you have too. :D

I hear yah. I'm not gonna drive it until I get my adrenaline put on, also I'm gonna go ahead and get new filters for the fass, but hell the filters only got maybe 15,000 on em. Also get a new air filter. Air filters pretty dirty but most the time if you got a restriction of air you get black smoke, mine doesn't even puff where as before it would roll the coal. I'm hoping/thinking it's the programmer/boost fooler thing.

Its not injectors or anything like that go back and check all your connections and unplug them and plug them back up it sounds like something didnt get put back right when you took the comp off .

I'd lean toward needing a boost fooler.

Truck doesn't know what to think now that you don't have a fooler in it. Do you know of anyone with a smarty that you could borrow for 20 mins to check and see if that is the issue? It is at least the first thing I would eliminate before moving forward.

Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards is the whole boost fooler thing. I don't know anybody out where I am. I moved to indy about a year ago for school and really don't know anybody out here. Thats what sucks

If you don't have the $$$ for an ADR now buy a BD boost fooler. They are about $65 or so new.

Well next wednesday is payday for me, so the adrenaline will be on order then. I'm just not gonna drive it cuz is just pisses me off yah know ha.

Thats not right, it should make over 20 psi without a boost fooler. Check your boost line, maybe its just pinched a little and your getting a low reading.