No speedo

GearHead_Mafia

I got an 02 cummins my speedo nor my miles trip doesn't work. I have replaced the speed sencer in the rear end and still nothing. It's has a 5speed trans but in the process building a nv5600 to put in it. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely the lack of tone ring as stated. Without it, the VSS has nothing to read from.

Ed

I'm not sure I didn't put the locker in. Where should I get a tone ring for a Detroit locker

I'm not sure I didn't put the locker in. Where should I get a tone ring for a Detroit locker

I would say first be sure that there isn't one on there, and if i'm not mistaken you should be able to use an OEM one.

I'd be going back to whoever installed the Detroit and be asking them for my carrier back...

Drain & pop open the cover to see if it is there. If not, take it back to the shop that did the work. They should have done a proper install.

Ed

When I plug my smarty in it says no speed sencer. And my speedo worked after the locker was installed for bout a few weeks then it would work off n on then just came to a complete don't work anymore

And my speedo worked after the locker was installed for bout a few weeks then it would work off n on then just came to a complete don't work anymore

Well that's a valuable piece of info right there... I'd make sure you didn't have a wire break going back to your speed sensor than.