no start 04.5 LLY

CoalMiner_PSD

Green Horn
I got an 04.5 LLY that wont start. cranks and cranks but nothing. give it a shot of ether and starts up fine. i know prob not good but thats what it takes. 166,000 miles and new CP3 pump. still no start with out help. the rail pressure is 6000 psi had an erratic idle pressure but smoothes out after a few minutes and dont have a problem. Runs great with no smoke other than black from the tuner. Shut the truck off and starts right away but then if you let it sit it wont start again. Hoping for a return line regulator? or somthing easy? would really appreciate the help. local shops around here are not helping. one said CP3 so replaced it, crank sensor been replace, and now its the injectors they say. so i dunno. frustrating......

sounds like you are getting air in around the fuel filter head possibly. Try getting someone to pump the hand primer while you try to crank the truck and see if that makes a difference.

Have you changed your fuel filter lately? If so you could have cracked it when you tighten it up. I would check the filter and filter housing for leaks

check the lines around the fuel filter the seals tend to go bad and leak off pressure just letting off air in an air compressor if the seals arnt bad might have lift pump issues but im betting the seals around the fuel filter area are going bad and thats why you lose fuel pressure after letting it sit.