No start after fuel pin mods?

will24

That guy
Guys, strange question here... Won't lie, I haven't even looked at this truck yet. A friend of mine's son read how to do fuel pin mods, AFC adjustment and full fuel screw adjustment on his truck, he attempted it last Saturday, the truck was a good running stock truck to that point.

After his mods, the truck no longer starts. I spoke to his dad today on the phone, he said he has fuel trickling from the injector lines, but not really blowing.

Where should I go first on this thing? I had him double check all the solenoid wiring etc, he said it all looks good and he has a solid 12v.

I am probably looking at it Saturday, so post any and all ideas, I am glad to get them!

Will

id check the wiring on the shutoff solenoid first if i were you... right now i can't think of another thing that wouldnt let the truck even start.

It wouldn't start if you threaded the fuel screw out instead of threading it in.

I don't see how any AFC modification can lead to a no-start condition. You'd have to really screw something up.

I concur that the shut-off solenoid wire screams to be at fault though. It's right there in the way of getting to the fuel screw.

Maybe it lost its prime somehow, even if somebody has seen fuel trickling from the lines.

Be sure to have the turbo hose off and a 2x6 at the ready the first time you start it. The no-start may be a blessing in disguise if it's unwittingly tuned to runaway.

Ok, thanks guys, the solenoid wiring was my first thing too... I'll start there. The guy that called me is not stupid by any means (he's a 30 year fleet tech for a 1000+ unit school bus fleet), but he pled ignorance working on a B. I am somewhat ignorant to VE stuff, but I think I may have more of a clue than him...

Thanks again
Will

Be afraid, be very afraid. lol. Make sure the kids there when you look at it and get him too show you what he did but i would for sure be ready to choke it off when u get it running, i adjust them while running with a guy in the cab and a guy ready to choke it off using a paint can.