No Start. No try. No nothing.

panhandlerednek

Not a cold weather thing. Not low batteries. Not bad starter. I am not that much of a noob but---

I pulled in last night and parked it. This morning I go to leave and nothing. The radio turns off upon contact but no click or contact.

I know its a good starter (rebuilt this morning) and I know they are good batteries (bought last week) so I thought it was the clutch switch. I couldn't get that stupid plug apart so I cut the wires and tied them together to bypass the switch and still nothing.

What am I missing? What other safety switch is there? It acts like the clutch is not pushed in when trying to start is why I think it is a switch.

Thanks

2002 with a 6 speed

what about ign switch feed to starter soleniod? wiring problem? ign switch? starter relay? more wiring? power distribution center? pcm? pretty simple go to the starter relay and check inputs and outputs

Do you have anything else that doesn;t work? Do you have and use a lot the tilt wheel? I have seen the lovely cheap wiring break from flexing in the column right near,headlight switch,ign switch and so on. Just an idea

I had the same problem and It was the main red power wire to the ignition switch that broke off in the steering column right by the key... I had to take off the cover right behind the airbag and just soldered in a longer wire so it doesn't happen again.

Its a problem caused by the tilt steering going up and down and eventually breaks the wire.

Lavon

Wow. I will look there tomrow. Never would have thunk there.

Don't stop. Anything else to look for?

Yes I had the starter rebuilt yesterday morning. It was done by a reputable company here in town that does all my starters so yes it was tested.

Just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that I did not do that part myself.

Did you check the fuse under the hood? I blew one and had the same symptoms.

it sounds to me like a wire not making good enough contact somewhere. Mabey a ground(what it probably it) or power wire to starter or at battery terminal. If its gettin enough to see the lights and everything on then soon as you try to give it the key all the amps jump the "loose conection off making all the power go away..just my thery that has happend to me with a not so tight ground wire from the battery to the block.

Thanks all

I will get back on it tonight at dark thirty and if I can keep my sanity find the stupid wire (or fuse).

What is the power plug low on the dash in front of my left knee for. I don't know for sure but I unplugged it and replugged it and she started.

Damn little things.