No start now start.....

Tjbeggs

Working on my first 5.9 CR in a 05 2500. The customer had a no start brought it in and it was only building 1500 psi fuel pressure. We checked the limiting valve and it was fine (last friday) so we got the CR plugs to check for injector leakage. I put the plug on the first line today and it started right up and ran on 5 cylinders after a longer than normal crank time. So I double checked by putting the line back on and it still started. I am scratching my head now. Any suggestions on what could have cause the low pressure now the pressure is fine? Or maybe something else I need to be looking at?

Thank in advance!

Sticky or malfunctioning fca?...........
What is the FCA?

We called Cummins and the tech said to re-torque all the branch tubes so we did that and got 1/16 to 1/8 turn on all six. Starts for now, drove it and will try to start in the morning. hope it works!

I have never seen the head nor the injector so those that have. If those tubes are loose does that fuel go straight to the return circuit?

Didn't start this morning. Back to 1400 psi fuel pressure. Blocked off number 1 and started again. put the line back and still starts. Thinking intermittent leakage on number. Is that possible? We are getting ready to check return flows right now to verify.

check FCA or your pressure relief valve is bad. Unplug the FCA and see if it starts fine( it will run a lil funny but if it starts normal then its the FCA) If it doesnt change then check your pressure relief valve.

Keep in mind with the fca unplugged the RP will go to max at idle.Be sure and turn it off quickly if it fires up.

Back