no start

gwhammy

I had the fuel filter plug today and was running 0 to 3 lbs. pressure for around 4 miles. Got it home and changed the filter, showing 19 lbs. pressure. Won't start, I cycled it several times with no luck. Surely the vp didn't go out in this short of time would it? It is real cold here and I did condition the fuel before this extreme hit. Really lucky, this one won't start the 01 had the block heater quit and the 95 blew the seal out of the front of the trans. The only thing I have running is a bobcat right now. Man this below 0 is nice.

Sorry about your luck. Hope it's not the vp. Sounds like you could p pump it with the other broken truck! Good luck.

Try bleeding the lines. You may have sucked some air in. Worst case; you'll know the VP is still healthy.

Air in the lines X3, crack some injectors loose and let the lift pump cycle at least three times by bump start. At least one of the three will be "open" and start flowing fuel.

I've got a walbro pump set at 19lbs. pressure wired to be on when the switch is on. Even the treated fuel was gummy at below zero. Didn't help I hadn't changed the big add on fuel filter for probably a couple years.

Air in the lines. Had the same issue on my 02 when I changed filter. Like they all said crack the lines to bleed air out.

I was going to add my .02 in, but everyone else beat me to it. Crack the lines. Start with #1 obviously. If you get atleast three, it'll fire.

I'm going to try that this afternoon. It was zero or a hair below when I was working on it Monday. I really figured as thin as the newer diesel is it wouldn't gel. I was wrong. They used to cut it with no. 1 around here also but I guess that isn't happening either.

Air locked and thick fuel. Loosened a couple lines this morning and finally got it running. A couple hours with a salamander blowing on the 01 got it running, that and 20 degrees instead of below 0. I put about 2.5 gal of gas in a full tank on the 01. That would be 10 percent right? Seems to run fine.