No tach or dash problems!

farmboy3510

I got the truck in my sig running tonight and I have no dash other than qil pres. and fuel gauge. I bought the Haisley relocation bracket and have the bracket installed correctly. I plugged the sensor back in and nothing. I cleaned the connection and that did not make a difference. I am missing something. I need to go pull on fri. so any help would be greatly helpful. Thanks in advance for the help.

Did you egg out the hole in the case so the sensor is close enough to the cam gear tone ring?

Loosen the screw , start the truck , jiggle the senser around. Have someone look at your tach to see if it moves. The sensor is pretty sensitive.....yes I'm a wordsmith.:hehe:

I tried loosening the sensor, shaking, twisting and made no difference. I took it out and cleaned it, made no difference either. I checked the sensors resistance and it showed like it was working I guess b/c the readings were changing but I ordered a new one to try to put that in this morning to see if that helps.

is the engine ecu still pluged in checked and two plugs going to the ecu may not be in all the way

I bought a new sensor and that took care of all of my problems. Thanks for the help.