No Upshift - 47rh, after lots of mods

rtbcoop

Okay, so I have now learned my lesson on doing too many mods at once. After doing a lot of mods (listed below), my transmission will no longer shift out of first gear. Reverse works fine and my pressure test came out normal. I was on the phone with transgo all day and we still can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

Mods:
2nd gen to 1st gen motor swap (shouldn't have anything to do with shifting)
Transgo TFOD Diesel Shift Kit
Replaced clutch packs and bands

Pressure test results:
Accum Front Rear OD Gov
Park 0 0 0 0 0
Reverse 0 0 220 0 0
Drive 85-90 0 0 0 0 when stopped, 40 @ 18mph

Both servos and accum ports air tested okay at 20psi
Could hear both front and rear clutch engage when air tested

Thanks for the help!

No, I am still having issues with this. First and reverse work fine but can't get into 2nd. My governor pressure looks fine so I don't think that is the issue. I thought maybe my front band was night tight enough so I tried tightening that a little more (only backed off 1.25 turns) but that didn't change anything either. It also feels like the truck is engine braking. When I let off the throttle, my RPM's do not drop to idle but slowly decrease as the truck rolls to a stop. Any thoughts?

My problem is my gov pressure never goes over 15psi. It shifts 2nd but barley and it wont hold it, it will slip under any more then 15psi

Sounds like your problem is either in the valve body or with your governor. My governor pressure is reading normal so I'm not sure what my issue is.

No, I am still having issues with this. First and reverse work fine but can't get into 2nd. My governor pressure looks fine so I don't think that is the issue. I thought maybe my front band was night tight enough so I tried tightening that a little more (only backed off 1.25 turns) but that didn't change anything either. It also feels like the truck is engine braking. When I let off the throttle, my RPM's do not drop to idle but slowly decrease as the truck rolls to a stop. Any thoughts?

Are you sure the sleeve on the throttle valve is on correctly?
47RH should not be electrical.

Are you sure the sleeve on the throttle valve is on correctly?
47RH should not be electrical.

x2 A lot of people with the TFOD3 kit can't get it to shift when the TV is set to 100%. Back it off to 80% or so and see if that helps.

Yes, I double checked the sleeve. Someone else had suggested the same thing.
I'll try try the TV set.
I noticed today that the forward drum is grinding on the inside of the forward planet shell. Anyone know what could cause this? Both the washer and the shim are in place.

I also noticed that I cannot turn the planetary and the shell in the same direction by hand. I can turn the planetary which in turn will turn the shell in the opposite direction but I cannot turn them both the same way as would be the case in 2nd gear. Is this normal?