Noises after twin install

amaupin04

roxanne04
After installing my twins (62/480) drove it everthing runs fine and dandy, but at WOT I hear a loud popping sounds like its almost in the dash? I have no idea what it could be. Ive checked all boots and clamps and it still does it. I then installed new injector nozzles (industrial 48lpm) and Industrial Dual fueler kit (85% over motorsports pump/stock dmax pump) an its gotten worse. Just curious if maybe if you guys have ran in to this? Thanks in advance!

Not a lot of information to go off of here. How's your head gasket? The only think I can think of in your dash is you heater core?

I'd suspect some of your piping is vibrating against frame/firewall

I imagine your head is lifting under high boost and it is escaping through the multi layer gasket.

I had a customers truck do the exact same thing as you describe. The guys are correct. Cylinder pressure excaping under high pressure/load due to gasket failure. You just aggrevated it by giving it more to eat.

alright, i suspected that considering the arp 425 headstuds im running. Im in the process of getting 625s now. Do you guys recommend pulling the head and having it checked while its off or just throw a new OEM gasket on there an calling it good??

Thank you!!!

Does it still have stock valve springs? Could be floating the valves also

I imagine your head is lifting under high boost and it is escaping through the multi layer gasket.

x4...I have experienced this same noise you describe first hand. The head gasket eventually failed completely at the rear of the head.

Before all that I would also check the intake plenum gasket. Especially if you have the rubber aftermarket one.

Friends truck is doing the same thing his head is lifting .
It's been doing it for a while and he's been easy on it ,waiting for the finances to build up. He's got a spare head getting cut for rings and he's installing 625's

alright guys thank you! Once funds recoop i will have head pulled and check luckily my dad is a machinist and does it everyday. Ill have the gasket replaced an ill check the intake gasket but its metal.

It has 110# valve springs also

Update fwiw , my friends head gasket was blown in two places luckily no cuts , back together with 625's and rings ... Going strong

awesome! Im ordering studs and gasket this week! Thick or Thin gasket? I hear OEM gasket is best with 625s but which gasket???

My truck did the same thing after the twin install. I had head bolts at the time. Only did it over 45 psi. My coolant overflow was completely full and the radiator was low. I installed arp's one at a time and it's been fine for 4 years.

I just did the compound install with 103# valve springs and a .020 modified marine 12V headgasket. I torqued the 425s to 145 ftlbs and it hold great at 70 psi.

'07 Ram 3500 QCLB 4x4 5.9 Cummins
64.5/71/14 over a 75/86/91, Hamilton 103# Valve Springs, Arp Headstuds, Arp Injectorstuds, Hamilton Extremeduty Pushrods, GDP Fuel Boss, EFI Live, ATS Dual CP3, Exergy 150% Injectors, Rotating Assembly Balanced at 5k RPM, Valair Dual Disk Clutch (upgrade soon), AutoMeter Gauges and a heavy right foot.