Noob from Michigan

zachu812

Hey guys, I've been lurking here since I bought my truck in July of '14. Figured it was time to join so I can start contributing and ask questions when needed. I bought the truck all stock aside from a leveling kit and 35's, it was a little too slow and clumsy for me. Current modifications are in my sig, I do all my own work and make my own parts when possible. I like to tinker and try new things or improve other ideas. The truck is my daily year round so I try to do all modifications with reliability in mind and keeping it smoke free on the streets. Aside from being a daily it's a bit of a dune toy and it sees the drag strip occasionally, shooting for 12's this summer.

Welcome to the site. How do you like that sxe369 combined with the 6x.013's?

I love it, very responsive and plenty of power. For the most part I can keep it clean on the streets but there's a little smoke if I don't let off for 3rd lockup and the OD shift, still learning to drive around that. Overall I'm really impressed with the setup.

Welcome, What part of Michigan are you from?

I'm from Wixom and live there for the summer, the rest of the year I'm in Kalamazoo.

Glad to see more people from MI picking up 2nd gens ;-)

Do your best to keep the rust off. My 19 year old truck is now made up of 30% rust!

I love it, very responsive and plenty of power. For the most part I can keep it clean on the streets but there's a little smoke if I don't let off for 3rd lockup and the OD shift, still learning to drive around that. Overall I'm really impressed with the setup.

Looking to run the same setup on my current vp truck. Who's injectors? .80A/R on the exhaust housing? I'm way North of most of the Michigan members.

Glad to see more people from MI picking up 2nd gens ;-)

Do your best to keep the rust off. My 19 year old truck is now made up of 30% rust!

It was a rust free truck from Misourri until maybe 3-4 years ago, damn rockers and fenders are bubbling already.

Looking to run the same setup on my current vp truck. Who's injectors? .80A/R on the exhaust housing? I'm way North of most of the Michigan members.

I got the injectors from Weston, gated .80 housing. I've heard that the 369 is overkill for a VP truck, I'm pretty happy with it but I would've liked to try the 364.5 to see if it would clear the 6x.013's. What part of Mi are you from?

If it does not see this, you have been taking driving lessons from Austin....

Who's Austin? I need to get my hands on a billet output before I can make a real attempt, it does launch pretty hard at 15psi though..

Who's Austin? I need to get my hands on a billet output before I can make a real attempt, it does launch pretty hard at 15psi though..

Eaton. silver 2wd ppump 24v. I was leaving on 15-20psi with the stock output, not that i suggest playing that game. you are lighter than mine as well.

Eaton. silver 2wd ppump 24v. I was leaving on 15-20psi with the stock output, not that i suggest playing that game. you are lighter than mine as well.

Oh, think I saw his truck at the sled pulls in Kalamazoo. Didn't realize it was ppumped, I figured the lights added enough hp. I'm gonna take my chances at 15psi and cross my fingers, I need better clutches in the OD brake eventually so it'll get a billet output when I'm in there.