Noob from MN/WI

greeeeenberg

Hi all,

New to the diesel world. I am a recent grad with a BS in Mech Eng and like all things that rotate or go BOOM. Currently in the process of buying a 4bt for a swap into a 87 grand wagoneer. Why a 4bt you ask? Judging by measurements and other experiences they seem to fit better, wont kill the drive-ability with weight, and I can run the stock axles for a little while if I am easy on the skinny pedal. I wanna say that this is a great site for ideas and seem to be very helpful.

Plans so far:
Rebuild 4bt
Tweak VE pump with 3200 Spring and fuel pin
Adjust timing
Looking to get a mild cam (Hamilton Cams or PDR)
New valve springs (60 lbs I think)
A turbo conversion of the H1C (High Tech Turbo)
Injectors of some sort (NO idea which yet. Would like suggestions)
Air to Water Intercooler (Frozen Boost)
I think I am going to need a head stud kit.

If I am missing anything or others have some input please by all means fill me in.
Later,
Jay

Welcome!

Don't upgrade the H1C with HTT's stuff. $$$. Get it from here, much cheaper: You Have a Quality Engine: Now You Want Quality Gillett Diesel Service

Heck, just upgrade to something from a newer Cummins. Much better turbo's all around.

Thanks. They are way cheaper. Only reason I was gonna upgrade the H1C was to keep the price down while I research turbos more. I'm used to carburetors.

Heres the waggy:
Waggy2.jpg

Waggy.jpg

i would think a HE351 holset (non variable) off of a 2005ish dodge would be the way to go, it would spool fast, and also has a 60mm compressor

Back