NOP 24v VP vs. 24v P-Pumped

baprewitt

Sled Puller
Whats the differences between the nozzle opening pressure of an injector used with a vp pump compared to a 24v injectors used on a ppumped 24v.

I have a friend that always ran his 7@14 injectors with his vp and last weekend at his first hook with the ppump on he burnt a hole in one of his pistons and the others dont look too healthy

could this be just improper timing/too much fuel from the new ppump (set to 550cc 2.6 charger)

or could this be a problem closely related to different flow rates and nozzle opening pressures/timing/fuel pressure used between VP and ppump applications.

Thinkin outloud

VP bar pressure for the injectors are 300 bar.

P/pump bar pressure is 260 .

And you will find that most if not all different people that set the injectors up have their own bar pressure that they feel is correct. In a aftermarket application.

so really it doesnt matter if you use injectors from a vp setup on a ppump setup

Depends on who you ask and the application.

I don't think that simple fact (different pop pressures) would cause it to burn up a piston. Too many other variables... What kind of timing was he running?

Given the same injectors, the ppump can deliver more fuel thru them at high rpm...

I ran a set of DDP 100's all last year and they were still set as VP sticks. Im going DDP150's this year and they are out getting reset as we speak. They are probably still to small but IM going to try them and see....

My setup is pretty close to your friends 550+cc 5K RPM 2.6charger

stock for stock they are different, but aftermarket performance seem to be all really close to equal. More just a matter of prefrence from the builders. I have found that most injectors ar between 3800 to 4400 psi wether 12 or 24. Tim

im not sure as to what timing or anything he was running. i was just curious as to what injectors might have an effect on things.