North East Ohio Spring Diesel Dyno Day

About those videos....

What about them?...:hehe: I'll be workin' on them this week. I'm breaking them down to a Ford, Dodge, and GM. I have over 66 short video's to look at and decide which ones were the best shots. I'll let everyone see them once I'm done. Hell if anyone wants a copy of them that will play in the DVD, I can make a few that way too.

Anybody have the list of final results? Any clue what issue of Diesel World is gonna have the coverage?

I have the list at home. I'll try to post them up tonight...If I can find time.

One thing I want to compain about is the guy who was in the vehicles driving the truck had no and I mean no clue what he was doing...Second as soon as the truck started to spool he would get out of it...

Rob,
I won't take offense to your comments since it was my first time (and probably last LOL) spending a whole day dynoing trucks, and you're the only one to complain how I ran the trucks. ALL the driver's were interviewed as to how they wanted their truck run.
Why? Because EVERY truck is different.
It sure would have been nice to have some input from you as to how you wanted your truck run, other than "Don't blow it up, I got $100,000 invested in it."
In hind site it's easy to look back and say things should have been done differently. Heck, we did that all day Sunday!
You critized me, now it's my turn: Next time speak up! Have it done your way. There is no other 6.0 truck like yours on the road, how is anyone supposed to know how to run it other than the owner?
If you have issues with how I ran any other trucks, again, you should have said something. Plenty of guys came up and chimed in on how they think we should have run certain trucks to more acurately test them. Why keep your mouth shut at the dyno, but come online and complain?
Or are you just bitter that you have so much time and money invested in a truck that doesn't run for crap?
:doh:
A dissapointing day for you, maybe, but I think we've all been there. Bolting on stuff that's supposed to work together doesn't always get you the end result you expect immediately. Lots of tuning and dialing in will get you a long way. ;)

I wasn't trying to slam Rob in any way, just voicing my opinion as he did.
There are some things I wanted to edit, but I can't find the edit button.:doh:
So I'll let it slide and deal with it later...

What was the high hp and tq numbers for the day? Sucks I couldn't make it...had to work.

High Tec Ram put out 637 HP and 1225 FT-LBS.....:evil that is one evil dodge he has! :ft:

I'll be posting video's today....stay tuned....:pop:

Videos!!!

Ok guys...I finaly got the video's done. I think they're good, but these are only my second time making vidoes....:hehe: so please be gentle in your opinions...LOL

Enjoy!

First the Fords:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTp7PJVQkJA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTp7PJVQkJA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Just for conversation sake, what was the before and after for Kevin Barr's truck with the dyno swap? Or did they not get it back up on the rollers...

Just for conversation sake, what was the before and after for Kevin Barr's truck with the dyno swap? Or did they not get it back up on the rollers...

He ran a larger turbo first, then swapped out for a smaller turbo. Then he wanted to compare the numbers. I'm sure Kevin will or can go into more details.

We saw 30 less hp with the 465 vs the 470 ETT. I have new tunes coming and working on big oil. I'd like to get back on the rollers the first weekend in May. The numbers were nothing to brag about. As I'm sure you read where we started the runs at to high of an rpm.

I wasn't trying to slam Rob in any way, just voicing my opinion as he did.
There are some things I wanted to edit, but I can't find the edit button.:doh:
So I'll let it slide and deal with it later...

I am not going to get in this debate with you only thing I will say is I was telling you and kevin different things to try....Did we load the dyno to 12000 pounds like we said"nope", my truck wouldnt spool on that dyno but has no problem spooling on the street. I never once said dont blow it up till the end. After 4 attemps to try to spool it up I said fk it...I dont feel like blowing my truck on this dyno if they cant get it to spool.

Back