North East Ohio Spring Diesel Dyno Day

I am not going to get in this debate with you only thing I will say is I was telling you and kevin different things to try....Did we load the dyno to 12000 pounds like we said"nope", I know there were changes made on the weight. Exactly how much I don't know. I was standing there. my truck wouldnt spool on that dyno but has no problem spooling on the street. I never once said dont blow it up till the end. After 4 attemps to try to spool it up I said fk it...I dont feel like blowing my truck on this dyno if they cant get it to spool.

Rob you can't blame Jim for what happened. If you want to be po'd it should be directed toward the Mustang guys. They stood around trying to look good.

Yeah, Mustang Dyno was there to observe mostly. I would've liked to see the tech talk with Kevin alot more to give him some ideas to test. On the other hand I understand the tech not wanting to screw up the dyno if his idea's didn't work, and end the day short. I'm hoping when Kevin comes up to test his tunes, Kevin at TI dyno will have some new things to try. TI Dyno is still talkin' with the Mustang Dyno, but it's sounding like they want him to buy a dual eddy current dyno :doh: I think they should design a little bigger eddy current if that's the issue. They are still working things out, and I will keep everyone posted as well as I can. Kevin at TI Dyno is talking with a few other dyno shop's that's done diesel's, and learning from them. We shall see.

I agree .....Im am Po'd at the guys from Mustang.....Not anyone else

Ok guys...I finaly got the video's done. I think they're good, but these are only my second time making vidoes.... so please be gentle in your opinions...
Awesome Vid's josh! I will criticize alittle...lol. On my run you showed 326 hp and 689 tq, but the most tq I made was 702. No big deal. Thanks for the footage!

...ALL the driver's were interviewed as to how they wanted their truck run.
Why? Because EVERY truck is different.

Jim,
Was very pleased how you ran mine and the conversation we had before the run about it.

Was not so pleased I didn't actually figure out how to load an EFI tune in the driveway at 11:30PM the night before....:doh:

Oh Well, at least I got another good "stock" HP number and got to see a bunch of familiar faces and meet a few new ones. :cool:

Thanks to Grand Rock, TI and especially Kevin and Dawn for the hospitality and a nice day.

Josh,
Great videos. Your link to the GM segment is a bit off, I searched youtube and found it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msb3tE5Xnhs

Tim's truck is crazy. That is stock programming with basically "twin everything." Can't wait to see it once it is tuned in....

Thanks for a good day (or half day in my case...sorry I had to cut out early)

on the dnyo list it side my truck was on 07, its an 01 and the hp was 434. The highest for me was really 512 hp and 986 Tq.

Nice driveing DZL Jim my truck made 121 hp from last year!!!

Thanks to everyone that put the dyno on!!

Hell I had a good time and for what ever its worth I got 4Krpm now!!!!!!!. THere was a glitch with the beta tune I was running.
Cool video josh:thankyou2: Although My truck looked like I was spraying:nos: but I wasn't

vids were good, didn't do it justice though. you had to be there to really hear those cummins' sing! great time. glad i got to meet some of you guys. look forward to the event in june, hopefully the dyno situation is figured out by then.

Awesome Vid's josh! I will criticize alittle...lol. On my run you showed 326 hp and 689 tq, but the most tq I made was 702. No big deal. Thanks for the footage!

:doh: I just used the information that was given to me. Normaly how they do it is the run with the biggest hp, they use that ft-lbs number. Even if you had a larger torque number on another run, but lesser hp. Sorry about that. I'm glad you liked the videos! Thanks! :charger:

Josh,
Great videos. Your link to the GM segment is a bit off, I searched youtube and found it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msb3tE5Xnhs

Tim's truck is crazy. That is stock programming with basically "twin everything." Can't wait to see it once it is tuned in....

Thanks for a good day (or half day in my case...sorry I had to cut out early)

Thanks Tom. I uploaded my videos to youtube at work, and for some reason my mass storage device didn't copy the duramax vid over right. So I uploaded the duramax video at home when I got there. That black d-max is a bad, bad truck thats for sure!

on the dnyo list it side my truck was on 07, its an 01 and the hp was 434. The highest for me was really 512 hp and 986 Tq.

Nice driveing DZL Jim my truck made 121 hp from last year!!!

Thanks to everyone that put the dyno on!!

Yeah I seen that on the results sheet. Thats why in the video I changed it to read 01 Dodge. Again as far as the numbers go, I didn't input them on the results sheet, so I have no clue on why your numbers would differ from whats on there....there were alot of people out there, walking around, and what have ya. It was nice to see ya out there though, hope you can make it back to the other events this year.

Cool video josh:thankyou2: Although My truck looked like I was spraying:nos: but I wasn't

You're welcome Chris! Big improvement over your truck from last year! Thats one dodge I wouldn't mind having...LOL! Hope to see ya out at Thompson on June 28th!

vids were good, didn't do it justice though. you had to be there to really hear those cummins' sing! great time. glad i got to meet some of you guys. look forward to the event in june, hopefully the dyno situation is figured out by then.

Yeah, usually video never do justice. There were alot of nice trucks there, and alot of trucks over 300hp. That's always good! We are all hoping that mustang dyno can help out TI Dyno and get that thing dialed in better. We'll see what happens.

I would like to thank EVERYONE who came out. Without you guys, these events would not, and could not happen. We had more trucks this spring than last. Last I counted we had over 40 trucks, and about half of them dynoed! Thats a good day right there. I look forward to seeing everyone again in June for the next event. :rockwoot:

Anybody know when the diesel world mag with the article will be out? I don't wanna miss it.

Anybody know when the diesel world mag with the article will be out? I don't wanna miss it.

I've spoken with Jim (the photographer) a few times since the dyno day. He did say he turned in the photos, and story. Kevin is correct, he thinks it should be in the August issue! Don't forget he will be out here again in June for the NHRDA weekend! :woohoo:

By the time this year is over with, you all will be famous, and I'll be askin' for your autographs....LOL :hehe:

Back