North East Ohio Spring Diesel Dyno Day

I'll be there sometime in the morning. Truck is not going to be fully tuned in since I finally got my issues figured out and mostly corrected, but its raining and I can't test drive it:(

See you guys in the morning.

:Cheer: Just got the final retorque finished. I've been in the same boat as you the whole time. Good luck. I'll be tuning my truck on the ride up there Highway bound.
Chris

Would anyone sign me in. I have to go to work in the morning till 10:00 am or so. I dont want to show late and get on rollers till really late.

High Tech has been on the edge all this week and last week. I wish you luck on your run and hope everything you and Karl have done rocks.....

GOOD LUCK.

Wally / FTE

Well......I just RETURNED to my driveway :( I loaded a mid range tune to have some fun on the trip up and made it about 10 miles before popping a whole series of codes and throwing the truck into limp mode. Right now I'm kinda pissed. Sorry but I'm not going to make it today fellas an almost 4 hour trip on a truck that is setting codes in the street tune isn't really worth it. Maybe next time.

Well......I just RETURNED to my driveway :( I loaded a mid range tune to have some fun on the trip up and made it about 10 miles before popping a whole series of codes and throwing the truck into limp mode. Right now I'm kinda pissed. Sorry but I'm not going to make it today fellas an almost 4 hour trip on a truck that is setting codes in the street tune isn't really worth it. Maybe next time.

That sucks you couldn't make it sorry bout your luck and I think you made the right decision on staying home. I had a blast and met a lot of great people. It's funny how the wooster diesel crew didn't want to tell me there mods on there dodge then they found out I had TNT then the owner of the truck told me. Which the other wooster guy said "He doen't want anyone to know what power he put downLOL." All and all it was a good way to start the diesel season. Sorry bout your luck rob that truck will be a beast once those twins are gated properly.

UPDATE:

I know I made the right decision on staying home, (well I didn't real stay home, I went to seek assistance....) I am having issues maintaining rail pressure even on a tow tune now.

Glad everyone had a good time. I do wish I would have made it up to take a look at the twin turbo Dmax. I think it would have looked good sitting next to my twin turbo dmax......

Something still doesn't add up from yesterday. It was like there was no load on that dyno. Rob had big problems, my truck spooled real quick cleaned up the smoke better and put down a lower number. I know we tried different weight on mine but never showed a difference. Winter fuel is some of my problem I was only down 10%.

One thing I want to compain about is the guy who was in the vehicles driving the truck had no and I mean no clue what he was doing. Second the Mustang Dyno guys had no input how to load the dyno to get our big turbo trucks to spool. Second as soon as the truck started to spool he would get out of it. Maybe by next time we can get the dyno company there with guys who could get the trucks to spool. I think there was only a few of us who couldnt get them to light

Chris ....Good job and seeing only good things coming out of your dodge

I know my #'s seemed a little low, but I there are better tunes and power level combos that I should have messed with. We changed the load on the dyno for mine from 6900lbs, to 12,000 lbs, and I gained 23hp, but I also removed the smarty on the 12,000lb run.

Here's some pic's that I got...
The twin'd DMAX
IMG_0730.jpg

My truck
IMG_0735.jpg

Chris' truck
IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg

Something still doesn't add up from yesterday. It was like there was no load on that dyno. Rob had big problems, my truck spooled real quick cleaned up the smoke better and put down a lower number. I know we tried different weight on mine but never showed a difference. Winter fuel is some of my problem I was only down 10%.

what did it do?

The truck would spool ....Even when it started they would shut it off.

The Question to the team from Mustang Dyno Company...Why didnt they go over to the dyno screen and help kevin(Ti Dyno) when my truck would spool. They were more intrested in talking about a supercharged Chevelle and how they would dyno perfect. When I came over to talk to them they didnt even want to talk to me. If I was Kevin(Ti dyno) I would be pissed they didnt send tech guys; they sent sales staff and shirts. Hopefully before the big guys come next time, they will send the experts to get that dyno figured out

Joe uncorrected it did 456. This turbo is better than the K31 if all things are the same. One thing I found when I got home was when I dynoed the K31 we started at 1500. Yesterday the lowest I started at was 1800. This was as much my fault as anyones.
I did talk to the Mustang guys after I interrupted their drag racing conversation. They said they were going to work on some new programs. I'm disappointed they didn't try to help at all. Until something changes I'll have to look elsewhere.

Back