North Eastern Diesel Nationals, Maple Grove Raceway, July 30th

no soup for u! :lolly:

NHRDA-Div-Map-2.gif

That map about sums it up :Cheer:

I would consider going (beautiful track), but since you cancelled Labannon Valley NY, and essentially the northeast.................GFY Randy!!!.

You apparently don't understand the economics of putting on an event. There were only 23 trucks at Lebanon last year and 4 of those only made a qualification pass. There were only 2 classes represented, Super Street and Sportsman ET. 19 trucks, not much of an impact for the spectators and our organization. The NHRDA needs to compete at locations where we have high truck count and spectator exposure. The schedule was cut back this year in order to maximize income, minimize losses. I hope you compete at Maple Grove this weekend to represent your area and also promote the NHRDA.

Last edited:
You apparently don't understand the economics of putting on an event. There were only 23 trucks at Lebanon last year and 4 of those only made a qualification pass. There were only 2 classes represented, Super Street and Sportsman ET. 19 trucks, not much of an impact for the spectators and our organization. The NHRDA needs to compete at locations where we have high truck count and spectator exposure. The schedule was cut back this year in order to maximize income, minimize losses. I hope you compete at Maple Grove this weekend to represent your area and also promote the NHRDA.

I competed at the Valley last year and did good enough to get a invite to the finals.. While I understand the exposure//$$$ circumstances keep in mind how bad the weather was that day and the timing of the event. I Would love to see the NHRDA actually put some REAL effort in making the Lebanon Valley event profitable for them and inspiring for all of us diesel enthusiast to actually show up and compete at the same time.. That said I still plan on spectating at Maple Grove this weekend..

I competed at the Valley last year and did good enough to get a invite to the finals.. While I understand the exposure//$$$ circumstances keep in mind how bad the weather was that day and the timing of the event. I Would love to see the NHRDA actually put some REAL effort in making the Lebanon Valley event profitable for them and inspiring for all of us diesel enthusiast to actually show up and compete at the same time.. That said I still plan on spectating at Maple Grove this weekend..

Thank you for your comments. I think the weather in April on the east coast is generally better than in the northwest but Mother Nature doesn't play any favorites. We actually had an event last May in Calgary, Alberta cancelled by SNOW..... Much of the turnout for any event is a direct result of how well the event is promoted. I was stopped this year just outside of Billings by the Montana State Patrol on the way to the Billings event. When asked where I was going in such a hurry (82 in a 75) I told them all about the NHRDA and the Billings event and that they should attend. I got off with a verbal warning. Lucky....

Last edited:

Why don't you offer some suggestions instead of just "love to see?" Your idea bin must be empty. What would inspire you? $1,000,000 purse? Dancing monkeys? Why are you spectating?

You didn't do "good enough" you were in the top 16 in your division class. BFD.

I understand the economics alright, I also know that scheduling an event on the 3rd weekend in April up here is foolish. The event was changed from Sat to Sun due to snow, and Sunday was a mix of snow and rain in the am, which stopped long enough to run some trucks. If the event was held in the summer or fall, turnout would be much better. Look at the turnout for the Diesel Nationals held in Englishtown NJ, hundreds upon hundreds of diesel pickup trucks!!!! with almost no advertising. The amount of diesel pickup trucks run at Englishtown was ten times more than all of NHRDA Division 5 events combined.

I understand the economics alright, I also know that scheduling an event on the 3rd weekend in April up here is foolish. The event was changed from Sat to Sun due to snow, and Sunday was a mix of snow and rain in the am, which stopped long enough to run some trucks. If the event was held in the summer or fall, turnout would be much better. Look at the turnout for the Diesel Nationals held in Englishtown NJ, hundreds upon hundreds of diesel pickup trucks!!!! with almost no advertising. The amount of diesel pickup trucks run at Englishtown was ten times more than all of NHRDA Division 5 events combined.

Hey man, how have you been? Not to derail, but are you going to E-town? I think there will be about 10-15 of us going.

Epping NH's diesel event in Sept is always a packed house too, Just not enough "big dogs" to "set records" up in the true northeast I guess, seems like thats what everyone is worried about nowadays instead of seeing the true meaning of the sport:bs:

We have confirmation on dyno

Dale from Axcelerated Motorsports will have their dyno jet on site tomorrow.

$75.00 for 3 pulls on the dyno

He did let me know that Duallies dont fit and that you will have to take off the outer tire

http://www.axceleratedmotorsports.com/

Yay!! The dyno is saved!! haha Can't wait for tomorrow.

For anyone who is interested, Fred, our friend Walter and myself will be traveling to Maple Grove from South Eastern Ct. Anyone who is interested in convoying up with us is more then welcome to jump on the train. We'll be leaving at 3 am tomorrow moring, following I-95 to I-287. Our train will consist of a green 2004 F-250 King Ranch with compound turbos leading the pack, followed by a GMC Chevy 2500 towing a OBS Cranberry Ford F-250.

Hope to see a big turn out. See ya'll there!!

Why don't you offer some suggestions instead of just "love to see?" Your idea bin must be empty. What would inspire you? $1,000,000 purse? Dancing monkeys? Why are you spectating?

You didn't do "good enough" you were in the top 16 in your division class. BFD.

There are plenty of people on this board and others that are more involved with the financial aspect of what it takes to put on a event like this aswell as handling the publicity. I was not taking a stab at the NHRDA for dropping the Lebanon Valley event just the statement that they based there decision on a poor truck turn out and failed to mention how terrible the weather was that weekend. I live 15 miles from Lebanon Valley and when the diesel events were going on over there I never heard, seen or was told the event was happening. I always had to either go on the tracks website 100 times untill they figured out the date or wait to hear about it on one of the forums. Point being there was no real attempt to get the word out about the event. combine that with some bad luck in the weather department and what do you expect? Exactly what you/we got, A handfull of competitors showing up to race in the cold/rain.. As far as the "inspiration" (Sarcasm) comment of your's, I could give 2 sh!ts what they pay out is, never have never will, I enjoy racing and sled pulling as a hobby and thats all it takes for me to compete or simply SPECTATE... Although some dancing monkeys might add to the entertainment factor:) Sorry for the derail of the thread in advance guys, good luck to all that are racing this weekend.. :Cheer:

Dale and the entire Axcelerated Motorsports crew are great people to work with and have dyno'd many of our trucks in the past around here.I am glad to see you got him for your show and who knows,maybe after we go dyno the motorcycle we will drop it off and ride over with the Black Bottle Rocket to dyno there.My trucks have made many runs on Dale's dyno as has many of the Mason-Dixon club members.Too many places to be at and not enough of my large frame to make them all,sheesh.............Andy

You are delusional. Probably better that you so stay home, people like you have a difficult time keeping it going straight and in their own lane.

There really are hundreds at Englishtown. It was well into the 200's last year.

I'm at maple grove now and I hate to say but it's lame. There's like 20 trucks here running and they're also doing a gas gamblers race at the same time. So far not at all worth the drive :( but hey that's how it is

You are delusional. Probably better that you so stay home, people like you have a difficult time keeping it going straight and in their own lane.

come to e-town in sept and prove otherwise. As far as the remark about staying in their own lane ive seen Tim race and I dont even know where your going with that one:bang

Last edited:
Not missing much at all. I enjoyed watching the 12v funny car go 9.5 and the white cummins go 11.1 but the rest is just run of the mill stuff. And I've been here for like 3 hours and seen trucks run once

Not missing much at all. I enjoyed watching the 12v funny car go 9.5 and the white cummins go 11.1 but the rest is just run of the mill stuff. And I've been here for like 3 hours and seen trucks run once

Beech... The cummins 12v car is me. Come over and say hi.

Way to get out there Matt, watching you run the bone shaker is crazy.

Did shied's rail show up

Back