not a 24v guy

shakedown96

nookie
my neibor called me today he wants more power out of his 02 auto CTD truck
he said his dad's 12v has more power both trucks are stock. where would you 24v guys start?

its been a wile since I was around one once its running rite I was thinking

head bolts, dunrite valve body and a good torq? not shure what one, edge box (depending on $$$)air/exhaust upgrades

he still wants to tow and has no plans on racing
your avrage more power and mileage upgrades suggestions?

throw a used drag comp on it and some sort of lift pump.... gauges.... (or juice with attitude) and tell him to save for a new tranny....

agree..... lift pump, fuel pressure gauge, drag comp, converter & valve body. In that same order

Ive got a Edge Juice w/ Attitude witch has the fuel pressure and gauges built in. If he wants it Ill give him the lift pump for free. Shoot me a PM for details.

I just want to get the power to the ground for this guy and I really dont think he can do a full tranny swap. I dont know about the plug and play stuff thats out now but we used to do the edge comp box, carter pusher pump on the frame with all dunrite stuff in the tranny single disc torq, head bolts, bhaf and then what ever the customer wanted for exhaust 4" w/stacks or whatever. after that it was triple disc torq billet input turbo upgrade depending on hp goal injectors fuel tubes if needed in head. just wonderingif there was somthing better out now I know that we used to recomend a billet shaft with hp over 350-400 is it the same on these 24v trucks? thanks guys

Whatever he puts in it he definitely needs to save for a tranny. It didn't take mine long to take a crap on me after I got my edge comp, but I tow every once in a while with it and I love it.

For towing at 350hp and stock turbo and do it right

In this order:
Intake/Exhaust
Freshen the tranny, VB, Convertor, Billet Input Shaft.
Lift pump
Gauges or Edge Juice, Quad Adr
Edge comp if not going with J/A or ADR, No need to tap the pump wire for towing.
RV275s or other smaller 75hpish Injector, Not jammers those suck trying to keep the smoke down while towing.

I must of had some bad luck then. That or it's not good to drive pissed off with a stock tranny and an edge box.