Not so good vibrations

Dan D

When I was driving home yesterday i noticed a vibration through my floorboard that shouldn't be there. It wasn't really consistent. The farther I drove, it started to make a growling which I thought was from the wheel bearing but didn't stop when I was sitting at a light. If i hit the throttle the growl went away, also didn't make a difference if the clutch was in or out, in gear or out of gear and when I put it in gear and take off it goes away. The clutch doesn't slip, I haven't smelled it burning and the trans shifts perfectly. the only thing I can think of is that the dual mass flywheel is messed up or a motor mount. The truck has 120,000 miles on it with what I assume is the original clutch. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't feel like putting in a new clutch if I don't have to.

I'll find out as soon as my new South Bend get here. If it's not, then I just spent a lot of money for no reason.:doh:

that a zf 6 tranny? im not up on the fords...my duramax/zf-6 growls/ rattles/ shakes. the flywheel comes out of balance and can wreck all kinds of stuff...

sounds like pilot bearing and or the dual mass coming apart... especially if you tow with it. you can pull inspection cover off bottom and probably find springs and parts

I was thinking that the dual mass could be coming apart, it had a rattle when I shut it down.

Yup, I sure wish they had used some KY when they told me the price.

yeah about that.... i think its implied that u supply it.. you dont wanna know what they charge!