now i knocks

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
Well i retimed the truck and it ran great but my injectors still leaked. So i pulled them, cleaned everything and reinstalled them as well as tighten my governor spring 1 click and now the truck knocks. If i sit there and rev it and as the rpms start to fall i hit the throttle again the truck knocks until rpms start to climb back up. Would air in the fuel do this? It does not really want to idle on start up but after awhile it will. Could my lift pump have gone out with out me realizing it? I have no idea what could have happened.

The knock sounds like maybe air. After my new injection pump install mine is doing the same thing yours does at start up with no idle for about the first 10 sec then idles fine. How long have you run the truck and have you driven it at all yet?

ya it wont idel for like 10 sec and no i have not driven the truck because i was to worried i did something wrong.

rick

Have you cracked the bleed screw at the filter head out line to the turbo. The air kind of stays in the system for awhile if you don't. Took me awhile to get the air out of the system without using the bleed screw.

Well i got back from a ride and it runs good, it was totally dry out and once i hit 5th and really laid into it it started hopping again, so traction bars may come sooner then expected. Got home and it still sounds like it is there but it got quieter and my #5 injector is still leaking. Other then that it runs good but still dosent have the rpms i want. It pulls hard but once again it feel like it kind of lets off. I did stay with one of these from a 50 mph roll as i think he thought he was going to pull away from me. i think i could have gained more if i had more rpms.

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/eclipse/07/index.do?loc=en-us

Lift pump will be here tomorrow. :rockwoot: Now if i can just get through the damn phone to haisley's for the OF valve.:bang

Back