now power after fuel pin and 3200 gsk

garretthart13

ok this is not my truck but one i am working on , he installed the pin and spring and could not get it to run , i took it all back apart and reinstalled it to make sure it was right , i got the truck running but it has no power, ive narrowed it down to the diaphram is not moving down enough to give it more fuel, my buddy held down the pin and i stalled it and there was tons of smoke power and tires spinning, but put the lid on w the diaphram and nothing you can floor it from a take off and it barely moves but once your rolling it has decent power. i cant find a boost leak anywhere and my bud said he felt boost coming out of the reference elbow when i was stalling it. the diaphram does not appear to be torn and the pin has markings on it to where the rack was traveling it, so idk i am stumped:bang

Make sure the groove in the fuel pin was facing the front of the truck?

I know this sounds silly but did you reinstall the copper washers on the banjo bolt, I had an issue with loosing some reference boost that way, and what company fuel pin is it Ive heard some people had trouble with the metal they were made out of being to soft and the needle getting hungup on the new pins.

Are you sure you have the linkage on right. Maybe it's not fueling at all.

yea the washer is on , it is a bd, and he already had the linkage off so im just kinda playing w it left and right but you can sit there and rev it up or if somebody pushes the fuel pin down it will burn rubber, im stumped i had it running good the other day now theyre saying it dies out randomly, think the pump could be bad? truck only has 140k on it

Are you sure the diaphram is good in the afc. It sounds like it isn't pushing the pin down on it's own. Check the little line to the intake over and make sure it's good and both copper washers are around the banjo bolt.